05/05/2022 Football – Plenty of football action taking place today. In the Europa League, West Ham plays Frankfurt and Rangers take on Leipzig. In the Europa Conference League, Leicester plays Roma.
05/05/2022 Football – Europa League – Frankfurt v West Ham United
- Only two of the 11 players that started the first leg kept their places in Frankfurt’s defeat at Leverkusen on Monday so Oliver Glasner will be expected to revert to a similar lineup that won in London.
- He does, however, have both Evan Ndicka and Kristijan Jakic back available following suspension, who may well replace Almamy Toure and Sebastien Rode respectively.
- Back up goalkeeper Diant Ramaj is the only player unavailable for the hosts due to injury.
- Issa Diop was fit enough to make the bench against Arsenal and could return to the starting XI if David Moyes was to opt for a back three here.
- Ben Johnson is now sidelined, however, joining Angelo Ogbonna in the treatment room.
- Vladimir Coufal will take his place at right-back in what could be the only change from the first leg, though Said Benrahma is challenging Manuel Lanzini for a start.
05/05/2022 Football – Europa League – Rangers v R.B. Leipzig
- With an Old Firm derby to contend with at the weekend, Rangers didn’t exactly have the opportunity to rotate their squad as they would have hoped and still have a number of injury concerns, particularly in attack.
- Alfredo Morelos is sidelined, while Kemar Roofe is a doubt, leaving Giovanni van Bronckhorst with the option of Scott Wright, or fielding a false nine in Joe Aribo or Scott Arfield.
- Leon Balogun was suspended at the weekend and could return but didn’t make a back three in the reverse fixture, with John Lundstram instead dropping back alongside Connor Goldson and Calvin Bassey.
- Unlike Rangers, RB Leipzig were able to make five changes at the weekend but did slump to a disappointing 3-1 defeat at Gladbach.
- Willi Orban, Mohamed Simakan and Kevin Kampl all missed the first leg through suspension and returned to the side on Monday, so are by no means guaranteed to retain those places here after a clean sheet in their absence in the reverse.
- That said, Josko Gvardiol was taken off before half-time league and could well be a doubt here.
- Dominik Szoboszlai, Yussuf Poulsen and Andre Silva compete for a place in attack alongside star man Christopher Nkunku, who Rangers kept quiet last week.
If you want to know when Whatchan is updated, join our Telegram channel to know the moment we update the page. https://t.me/whatchan – we’d love to see you there.
A big thanks to our friends at https://t.me/FootballonTVideas who kindly allow us to use fixture information. A special shout to BOOMEDIA for the excellent pictures, much appreciated. Not only do they produce the artwork and listing for football, but they also have plenty of other sports including motorsports, US sports and many others, all for a low-cost yearly fee. Please support their hard work.
Credit to whoscored.com and BBC football who we link to.
If you would like to buy us a coffee and help support this project, you can do so by clicking on this link. I admit, we are more likely to spend it on beer ?
Whatchan.co.uk– We are Football’s Favourite Friend.
If you would like to see your advertisement here, drop us an email, we would love to hear from you.
We are proud to say we have over 10,000 unique visitors over a three-month period, get your message out to a new audience – at very reasonable rates.