09/02/2022 Football – plenty of football games taking place. Chelsea plays in the Club World Cup and there are plenty of domestic games.
09/02/2022 Football – Club World Cup -AL Hilal SFC v Chelsea
- Al-Hilal signed former Manchester United striker Odion Ighalo in January. He has only scored once in six previous appearances against Chelsea.
- They also signed Michael after he scored 14 league goals with Brazilian giants Flamengo last season.
- Al-Hilal also have Matheus Pereira having signed the Brazilian from West Brom last summer. He has played a direct hand in five goals in two previous appearances against Chelsea.
- Moussa Marega and Andre Carillo are other attacking options at their disposal.
- Edouard Mendy will join up with the Chelsea squad deeper into the World Club Cup tournament after helping Senegal win the Africa Cup of Nations final on Sunday.
- Reece James has travelled with the squad, despite Thomas Tuchel originally ruling him out, but he is expected to play no part in Abu Dhabi.
- English duo Ben Chilwell and Ruben Loftus-Cheek have not made the trip owing to injuries.
- A late call will be made on Mason Mount’s involvement, which suggests he may not be risked here.
09/02/2022 Football – Premier League – Manchester City v Brentford
- Manchester City got back to winning ways following their 1-1 draw with Southampton prior to the international break by thumping Fulham 4-1 to book an FA Cup fifth round spot. City haven’t failed to win a home game since their 2-0 loss to Crystal Palace at the end of the October and are on a nine-game winning run at the Etihad.
- By contrast, Brentford are in dire straits with a 4-1 loss at Everton on Saturday compounding them to their fifth successive defeat. The Bees have won just two of their last 10, losing eight of those, to the trip to City is hardly ideal.
- This should be a relatively straight forward 90 minutes for City in midweek.
09/02/2022 Football – Premier League – Norwich v Crystal Palace
- A late call will be made on Josh Sargent due to illness but Lukas Rupp is available again for Norwich. Ozan Kabak is ruled out through illness.
- Tim Krul remains on the sidelines, while this game comes too soon for Andrew Omobamidele. Jacon Sorensen is still unavailable but will be back soon.
- Przemyslaw Placheta may take Sargent’s spot on the right in a 4-4-2 setup, with Kenny McLean joining Billy Gilmour in the middle of the park.
- Cheikhou Kouyate started Sunday’s AFCON final win and the trip to Norwich will come too soon for him.
- James Tomkins and James McArthur have trained and could both make the squad here along with Wilfried Zaha.
- Jean-Philippe Mateta has enjoyed an extended run in the first team and may keep his spot in attack here, with Eberechi Eze and Odsonne Edouard battling to start on the left.
09/02/2022 Football – Premier League – Tottenham v Southampton
- Antonio Conte will once again be without Oliver Skipp, Japhet Tanganga and Eric Dier for Wednesday’s welcome of Southampton.
- Conte may elect to name an unchanged XI from the side that started the victory over the Seagulls.
- Rodrigo Bentancur and Dejan Kulusevski both impressed off the bench over the weekend, but the deadline day arrivals aren’t likely to be handed first starts so soon.
- Lyanco has been ruled out for several months with a serious hamstring injury.
- Armando Broja hasn’t trained since Saturday but could make the squad in midweek.
- Valentino Livramento made his first appearance since December in the FA Cup win at the weekend.
- Nathan Tella and Alex McCarthy are still sidelined but Will Smallbone could return.
09/02/2022 Football – Premier League – Aston Villa v Leeds United
- AFCON has now finished but Bertrand Traore and will not feature here after his involvement over the weekend. Trezeguet has returned to Turkey on loan.
- Steven Gerrard is likely to repeat the same line-up from their 1-0 win away to Everton before the break.
- Leon Bailey is back in full training with a view to returning to the matchday squad at the weekend.
- Leeds hope to welcome back Jamie Shackleton, Charlie Cresswell and Adam Forshaw from injury for Wednesday’s match at Villa Park.
- Raphinha returned from Brazil duty with a minor injury problem and Marcelo Bielsa will hope to have him available here.
- Patrick Bamford is still sidelined after no improvement in his recovery from injury, while the likes of Kalvin Phillips and Liam Cooper are also still unavailable.
- Joe Gelhardt and Tyler Roberts both returned from injury as substitutes in their 1-0 defeat to Newcastle before the break. The latter may start here.
EFL / iFollow – available on multiple services (7:45pm kickoff unless stated)
EFL29: Bournemouth v Birmingham
EFL30: Bristol City v Reading
EFL31: Cardiff v Peterborough
EFL32: QPR v Middlesbrough
EFL33: Sheffield United v West Brom
09/02/2022 Football – Cinch Premiership – Aberdeen v Celtic
- Stephen Glass named three changes after Aberdeen drew in Dingwall courtesy of a 1-1 scoreline against Ross County last Tuesday, before their 2-1 defeat away to Livingston at the weekend.
- Joe Lewis was unavailable through illness, meaning Gary Woods started in goal. Ross McCrorie captained Aberdeen for the first time, as Scott Brown dropped onto the bench. He was joined, amongst the substitutes, by Dylan McGeouch.
- A Dons debut was handed to Celtic loanee Adam Montgomery, who is ineligible for this one. Teddy Jenks came in as one of the trio supporting lone striker Christian Ramirez, whose goal proved no more than a consolation on Saturday afternoon.
- Ange Postecoglou made three changes after Celtic blew their bitter rivals Rangers away with a comprehensive 3-0 victory at Parkhead, before doing so to Motherwell with a 4-0 win on Sunday.
- Anthony Ralston replaced Josip Juranovic at right back. Tom Rogic has returned from international duty with Australia and bagged a brace, as the Hoops were three up at half-time. Matt O’Riley settled for a spot amongst the subs.
- And in attack, Jota made way. Daizen Maeda was also elsewhere on international duty – with Japan – but was restored to the Celtic lineup, and grabbed the fourth after Liel Abada had fired the Hoops in front at Fir Park.
Scottish Football – 7:45pm kickoff unless stated
SPFL01: Aberdeen v Celtic
SPFL02: Dundee United v Motherwell
SPFL03: Hearts v Dundee
SPFL04: Rangers v Hibernian
SPFL05: Ross County v Livingston
SPFL06: St Mirren v St Johnstone
SPFL07: Arbroath v Hamiltonl
SPFL08: Inverness CT v Partick Thistle
SPFL09: Kilmarnock v Ayr
Alternatively, select the team name from the SPFL section
09/02/2022 Football – Other Games
09/02/2022 Football – Other Games Details
OTHER FOOTBALL – WEDNESDAY 9 FEBRUARY
1:00pm ETHIOPIAN PREMIER LEAGUE – Fasil v Adama
South Africa – Supersport Football
2:00pm INDIAN SUPER LEAGUE – Chennaiyin v Goa
UK – OneFootball
India – Star Sports 1
4:00pm SOUTH AFRICAN CUP – Maritzburg v SS United
South Africa – Supersport PSL
4:00pm ETHIOPIAN PREMIER LEAGUE – Mekelakeya v Wolkite
South Africa – Supersport Variety 3
If you want to know when Whatchan is updated, join our Telegram channel to know the moment we update the page. https://t.me/whatchan – we’d love to see you there.
A big thanks to our friends at https://t.me/FootballonTVideas who kindly allow us to use fixture information. A special shout to BOOMEDIA for the excellent pictures, much appreciated. Credit to whoscored.com and BBC football who we link to.
If you would like to buy us a coffee and help support this project, you can do so by clicking on this link. I admit, we are more likely to spend it on beer ?
Whatchan.co.uk– We are Football’s Favourite Friend.
If you would like to see your advertisement here, drop us an email, we would love to hear from you.
We are proud to say we have over 10,000 unique visitors over a three-month period, get your message out to a new audience – at very reasonable rates.
Fixtures / Live Scores / Results