AFCON 13/1/2022. Two games in the African Cup of Nations. There are two games in AFCON, there is also the delayed first leg of the Carabao cup.
AFCON 13/1/2022 – Cameroon v Ethiopia
- Vincent Aboubakar should keep his spot in attack after netting twice in Cameroon’s 2-1 win over Burkina Faso on Sunday.
- The tournament hosts could go unchanged for the meeting with Ethiopia.
- Clinton N’Jie and Eric Maxim Choupo-Moting both came on with 20 minutes to play on Sunday and will be pushing to start.
- Ethiopia will be forced into at least one change for their meeting with tournament hosts Cameroon.
- Yared Bayeh received his marching orders after just 12 minutes in the 1-0 loss to Cape Verde, with Mignot Debebe expected to deputise at the heart of the defence.
- Otherwise, Wubetu Abate may elect against wholesale changes here.
AFCON 13/1/2022 – Cape Verde v Burkino Faso
- Pedro Leitao Brito may go unchanged against Burkina Faso after winning 1-0 against Ethiopia in their opening match.
- Julio Tavares scored his first ever AFCON goal on his seventh appearance to win it for Cape Verde.
- Steeve Yago was booked inside the opening minute of the opening game of AFCON so would do well to stay composed for Burkina Faso here.
- Burkina Faso were hit with an outbreak of COVID before their opening game with Edmond Tapsoba a big miss in defence.
- Aston Villa’s Bertrand Traore is the latest player to test positive and he may not be available for Burkian Faso again unless they qualify for the knock-out stage.
- Hassane Bande or Zakaria Sanogo will likely come into the side to replace Traore, with Cyrille Bayala switching wings.
- The Bayer Leverkusen centre-back is expected to miss out once again here along with the likes of Oula Abass Traore, Dango Ouattara, Soualio Outtara and Saidou Simpore.
- Abdoul Fessal Tapsoba didn’t have the best of games against Cameroon last week and may be replaced by Mohammed Konate up top here.
AFCON 13/1/2022 – Carabao Cup – Liverpool v Arsenal
- Trent Alexander-Arnold returned to training on Tuesday after testing positive for COVID-19 last week but will still need to be assessed ahead of this one.
- Andy Robertson picked up a knock in the FA Cup win over Shrewsbury over the weekend but is expected to be fine to play here if selected.
- With Mo Salah and Sadio Mane away on AFCON duty and Divock Origi still injured, Jurgen Klopp will have to switch things up in attack.
- Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, Curtis Jones or Takumi Minamino will start alongside Roberto Firmino and Diogo Jota up front.
- Alisson also trained on Tuesday following but Caoimhin Kelleher may keep his place in goal for the cup anyway.
- Nuno Tavares was hauled off in the first half of Arsenal’s defeat to Nottingham Forest after a poor display and certainly won’t start this one.
- It will be interesting to see whether Mikel Arteta sticks with Bernd Leno in goal or turns to first-choice Aaron Ramsdale.
- Arteta will hope to have both Emile Smith Rowe and Takehiro Tomiasyu available after both missed the defeat to Forest.
OTHER FOOTBALL – THURSDAY 13 JANUARY
2:00am MEXICAN LIGA MX – Santos Laguna v Tigres UANL
USA – Fox Sports 2
2:00pm INDIAN SUPER LEAGUE – Chennaiyin v Hyderabad
UK – OneFootball
India – Star Sports Select 1
A big thanks to our friends at https://t.me/FootballonTVideas who kindly allow us to use fixture information. A special shout to BOOMEDIA for the excellent pictures, much appreciated. Credit to whoscored.com and BBC football who we link to.
If you would like to buy us a coffee and help support this project, you can do so by clicking on this link. I admit, we are more likely to spend it on beer ?
Whatchan.co.uk– We are Football’s Favourite Friend.
If you would like to see your advertisement here, drop us an email, we would love to hear from you.
We are proud to say we have over 10,000 unique visitors over a three-month period, get your message out to a new audience – at very reasonable rates.