AFCON 26/1/2022. Two games in the AFCON are being played today. The early game is Ivory Coast v Egypt and the later game is Mali v Equatorial Guinea.
AFCON 26/1/2022 – Ivory Coast v Egypt
- Eric Bailly was fit enough for the bench in Cote d’Ivoire’s 3-1 win over Algeria, but Odilon Kossounou may keep his spot at the heart of the defence.
- Wilfried Zaha could come in on the left, though Patrice Beaumelle has a number of options to join Nicolas Pepe and Sebastien Haller in attack.
- Ahmed Abou El Fotouh and Akram Tawfik remain sidelined, with Omar Kamal set to continue at right-back in the absence of the latter.
- Egypt are unlikely to make wholesale changes here, but Trezeguet is pushing to return to the starting XI having featured off the bench in the last two outings.
- Moussa Djenepo returns following a ban and he should replace Moussa Doumbia on the left flank.
- In midfield, Amadou Haidara, Yves Bissouma and Diadie Samassekou are battling for two spots.
- Dorian Hanza is a doubt having been forced off late on against Sierra Leone.
- Emilio Nsue and Oscar Siafa are both looking to deputise, with the former likely to get the nod.
- US international Daryl Dike will miss the next two matches at least after suffering a hamstring injury on his debut for the club.
- Expect a couple of attacking changes this weekend with Grady Diangana and Callum Robinson both in contention for recalls.
- Goalkeeper Sam Johnstone and central midfielder Alex Mowatt should both start after completing their suspensions.
- Ryan Lowe will restore Andrew Hughes to the starting XI after he served a one-match ban during the game against Swansea on Saturday.
- Ryan Ledson and Matthew Olosunde both returned from injury in time for Saturday’s clash, but Brad Potts remains a fresh absentee for the visitors.
- Robbie Neilson made three changes to the Hearts team that kicked off 2022 with a 2-0 victory over St Johnstone at Tynecastle, before the Jambos cruised past junior side Auchinleck Talbot in the Scottish Cup fourth round by a 5-0 scoreline.
- Andy Halliday came back into the starting XI, scoring Hearts’ opener in Ayrshire as he replaced Rangers bound John Souttar. Nathaniel Atkinson was handed a Hearts debut against Talbot at right wing back.
- And in attack, top scorer Liam Boyce returned to bag a brace. Gary Mackay-Steven and Josh Ginnelly dropped onto the bench but did make cameos as Peter Haring and Alex Cochrane rounded off the scoring on Saturday lunchtime.
- Ange Postecoglou made five changes after Celtic’s 2-0 victory against Hibernian at Parkhead before the Hoops booked their spot in the fifth round of the Scottish Cup after a 2-1 victory away to League 1 side Alloa Athletic.
- Liam Scales, Anthony Ralston, Stephen Welsh, Yosuke Ideguchi and Giorgos Giakoumakis replaced Greg Taylor, Cameron Carter-Vickers, Josip Juranovic, Reo Hatate and James Forrest respectively.
- The Hoops are without both Tom Rogic and Daizen Maeda, both of whom will be representing Australia and Japan on international duty. David Turnbull and Kyogo Furuhashi are absent through injury.
EFL / iFollow – available on multiple services
EFL13: West Brom v Preston (8pm)
Scottish Football – available on multiple services (kickoff 7:45pm unless stated)
SPFL01: Dundee United v Ross County
SPFL02: Hearts v Celtic
SPFL03: Motherwell v Hibernian
SPFL04: Rangers v Livingston
SPFL05: St. Johnstone v Dundee
Alternatively, select the team name from the EFL / SPFL sections
AFCON 26/1/2022 – Other Games
OTHER FOOTBALL – WEDNESDAY 26 JANUARY
2:00pm INDIAN SUPER LEAGUE – Bengaluru v Chennaiyin
UK – OneFootball
India – Star Sports 3
If you want to know when Whatchan is updated, join our Telegram channel to know the moment we update the page. https://t.me/whatchan – we’d love to see you there.
A big thanks to our friends at https://t.me/FootballonTVideas who kindly allow us to use fixture information. A special shout to BOOMEDIA for the excellent pictures, much appreciated. Credit to whoscored.com and BBC football who we link to.
If you would like to buy us a coffee and help support this project, you can do so by clicking on this link. I admit, we are more likely to spend it on beer 🙂
Whatchan.co.uk– We are Football’s Favourite Friend.
If you would like to see your advertisement here, drop us an email, we would love to hear from you.
We are proud to say we have over 10,000 unique visitors over a three-month period, get your message out to a new audience – at very reasonable rates.
Fixtures / Live Scores / Results