Carabao Cup & Others 6/1/2021. The big game tonight is the Carabao Cup semi-final between Manchester United v Manchester City and is on at 19:45 on Sky Sports Main Event.
Carabao Cup & Others 6/1/2021. Detailed Channel Information.
Carabao Cup & Others 6/1/2021. Selected Team News.
Manchester United v Manchester City
- With a decent break between games and the opportunity to hand fringe players a run out in the FA Cup at the weekend, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer may name a relatively unchanged side from the 2-1 win over Aston Villa last week.
- Dean Henderson was put through his paces on the Old Trafford pitch after United’s win over Villa, suggesting he will start the Carabao Cup semi-final against neighbourhood rivals Manchester City.
- Luke Shaw and Alex Telles have traded places in the team in recent weeks but there is a chance they could both line-up on Wednesday if Solskjaer reverts to a 3-4-1-2 formation against City.
- Ederson, Gabriel Jesus, Kyle Walker, Ferran Torres ad Eric Garcia all look set to miss out because of COVID-19. Aymeric Laporte, who has dropped completely out of favour over the last month, is an injury doubt.
- Despite a quick turnaround for Manchester City, Pep Guardiola is expected to stick with the bulk of the side that easily dispatched Chelsea 3-1 on Sunday. With so many missing through COVID-19, he has little choice anyway.
- Guardiola has eased Sergio Aguero back into the swing of things following a long spell out injured and he looks more likely to start in the FA Cup at the weekend rather than at Old Trafford.
- Riyad Mahrez, Benjamin Mendy and Fernandinho are realistic options to start against Manchester United.
- Kevin De Bruyne played as a false nine against former club Chelsea but may drop back into his usual position against United, with Sterling through the middle. Phil Foden should retain his place in the side after a superb showing at the weekend.
Manchester United will again be without Edinson Cavani for the Carabao Cup semi-final against Manchester City.
The 33-year-old striker serves the second match of a three-game ban.
City could have defender Kyle Walker and forward Gabriel Jesus available after periods of isolation.
The rivals met in last year’s semi-final, with City winning 3-2 on aggregate over two legs. This year’s semi is a one-off match with the winners playing Brentford or Tottenham.
United have defender Victor Lindelof available but winger Ferran Torres, goalkeeper Ederson and centre-back Eric Garcia are all still out for City.
A big thanks to our friends at https://t.me/FootballonTVideas who kindly allow us to use fixture information. A special shout to BOOMEDIA for the excellent pictures, much appreciated.
If you would like to buy us a coffee and help support this project, you can do so buy clicking on this link. I admit, we are more likely to spend it on beer 🙂
Whatchan.co.uk– We are Football & IPTV’s Favourite Friend.