Champions League 8/3/2021. Two games in the Champions League tonight. At 20:00, on BT Sport 3, is Bor.ussia Dortmund v Sevilla. Also at 20:00, on BT Sport 2, is Juventus v FC Porto
Champions League 8/3/2021
Borussia Dortmund v Sevilla
- Roman Burki may return between the sticks for Borussia Dortmund here following his return from injury.
- Giovanni Reyna missed Der Klassiker on Saturday and is considered a doubt, but Axel Witsel, Marcel Schmelzer, Jadon Sancho and Raphael Guerreiro miss out.
- After using a three-man backline on Saturday, Edin Terzic may revert to a 4-3-2-1, with Thomas Meunier, Thomas Delaney and Thorgan Hazard coming into the side.
- Aleix Vidal is Julen Lopetegui’s only injury concern here after it was confirmed that Bono and Jules Kounde have made the trip to Germany.
- After a dismal first half in the first leg, Sevilla lined up in a three-man defence for the second half and looked much-improved, so Lopetegui may elect to to start with three at the back.
- Fernando dropped into defence last time and may start alongside Diego Carlos and Kounde.
Juventus v Porto
- Partially rested at the weekend, Cristiano Ronaldo will return to the starting XI for their crucial Champions League tie with FC Porto on Tuesday.
- Arthur got 30 minutes under his belt at the weekend, his first appearance in a month in a big boost for the Serie A outfit.
- Leonardo Bonucci and Weston McKennie should also return to the starting XI against FC Porto after coming off the bench against Lazio, though the latter is currently not fit enough to complete the 90 minutes.
- Andrea Pirlo has confirmed Giorgio Chiellini will be in the squad tomorrow after returning to training. Matthijs de Ligt is less likely too.
- Rodrigo Bentancur is unavailable for Juventus after recently testing positive for COVID-19 and Paulo Dybala is still a doubt.
- Danilo will miss the second leg through suspension after a costly yellow card in the reverse situation.
- Expect a similar XI to the one that stunned Juventus 2-1 in the first leg last month.
- Pepe and Corona came off at half-time at the weekend to have them fresh for this game.
- 22-year-old Diogo Leite looked well poised to replace Mbemba in the XI over Chelsea loanee Malang Sarr.
A big thanks to our friends at https://t.me/FootballonTVideas who kindly allow us to use fixture information. A special shout to BOOMEDIA for the excellent pictures, much appreciated.
If you would like to buy us a coffee and help support this project, you can do so buy clicking on this link. I admit, we are more likely to spend it on beer 🙂
Whatchan.co.uk– We are Football & IPTV’s Favourite Friend.