Champions League & Others 16/2/2021. Two games in the Champions League tonight. At 20:00 on BT Sport 2, is RB Leipzig v Liverpool. Also at 20:00, on BT Sport 3 is Barcelona v Paris St-Germain.
Champions League & Others 16/2/2021 – Detailed Channel Information
Champions League & Others 16/2/2021 – Selected Team News
RB Leipzig v Liverpool
- Liverpool target Ibrahima Konate returned from injury in RB Leipzig’s 2-1 win over Augsburg at the weekend. Another Liverpool target, Dayot Upamecano, has decided to join Bayern Munich this summer.
- Justin Kluivert was fit enough for a place on the bench at the weekend, but Emil Forsberg missed out and remains a doubt here. January arrival Dominik Szoboszlai is still on the mend, with Konrad Laimer and Benjamin Henrichs also injury concerns.
- Peter Gulacsi spent five years at Liverpool without ever making a first-team appearance but will get the chance to face his old club here.
- Yussuf Poulsen or Alexander Sorloth will partner Christopher Nkunku up front against Liverpool.
- Neither James Milner nor Fabinho trained on Monday and look set to miss out here. The latter would be a massive miss for Liverpool.
- Ozan Kabak should therefore retain his place in the side despite an error on debut against Leicester, though fellow deadline day arrival Ben Davies is an option.
- Naby Keita is back in training but Jurgen Klopp has confirmed the former RB Leipzig midfielder will not travel to face his former club.
Barcelona v Paris St-Germain
- Miralem Pjanic and Sergino Dest were fit enough to play some part in Barcelona’s 5-1 win over Alaves at the weekend.
- Ronald Koeman was able to give players like Sergio Busquets and Frenkie de Jong some rest due to the margin of victory at the weekend.
- Gerard Pique trained with the Barcelona first-team on Monday, making a miraculous recovery from injury and could hand the home side with a massive boost here. De Jong may be required at the back otherwise.
- Youngsters Riqui Puig or Pedri have a decent chance of starting if De Jong drops into defence for the home side. Frenchman Ousmane Dembele will hope to face PSG, with Trincao unlikely to start despite his brace against Alaves.
- Neymar misses a reunion with old club Barcelona through injury in a major blow for Paris Saint-Germain, with Angel di Maria also sidelined for the French side.
- Marco Verratti wasn’t risked against Nice on Saturday to give him the best possible chance of proving his fitness for Tuesday’s trip to Barcelona.
- Keylor Navas, Layvin Kurzawa and Ander Herrera are back from injury for Mauricio Pochettino’s side. Former Barcelona academy graduate Rafinha is a doubt, while Spaniard Juan Bernat is ruled out.
- Pochettino sees Verratti as the No.10 in his vision for PSG but Julian Draxler is on standby to deputise if he fails to prove his fitness in time. Herrera could start in midfield to add greater defensive cover.
A big thanks to our friends at https://t.me/FootballonTVideas who kindly allow us to use fixture information. A special shout to BOOMEDIA for the excellent pictures, much appreciated.
If you would like to buy us a coffee and help support this project, you can do so buy clicking on this link. I admit, we are more likely to spend it on beer 🙂
Whatchan.co.uk– We are Football & IPTV’s Favourite Friend.