Champions League & Others 6/4/2021. Two games in the Champions League tonight. At 20:00, on BT Sport 3, is Manchester City v Borussia Dortmund. Also at 20:00, on BT Sport 2, is Real Madrid v Liverpool. There is also a game in the Championship, at 19:45, on Sky Sports Main Event, is Norwich v Huddersfield Town.
Champions League & Others 6/4/2021 – Manchester City v Borussia Dortmund
- Once again, Pep Guardiola has a fully fit squad to select from ahead of their welcome of Borussia Dortmund.
- The City boss made a number of changes for Saturday’s 2-0 win at Leicester and we should see a number of regular starters rotated back in.
- Joao Cancelo, Raheem Sterling, Phil Foden and Ilkay Gundogan are among those who should return.
- Marwin Hitz is expected to keep his spot between the sticks, despite Roman Burki’s return to fitness.
- Edin Terzic is without Axel Witsel, Dan-Axel Zagadou, Marcel Schmelzer and former City man Jadon Sancho, while youngster Youssoufa Moukoko will be assessed.
- Raphael Guerreiro started Saturday’s 2-1 loss to Eintracht Frankfurt in central midfield, but is expected to drop back into left-back.
Champions League & Others 6/4/2021 -Real Madrid v Liverpool
- Sergio Ramos misses the welcome of Liverpool after sustaining a calf injury on international duty.
- He joins Eden Hazard, Dani Carvajal and Federico Valverde on the sidelines.
- Casemiro missed the second leg with over Atalanta in the last round due to a ban, but is available, while Toni Kroos, who was a doubt for the welcome of Eibar, came off the bench in the 2-0 win and is fit to start.
- Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp remains without key quartet Joel Matip, Virgil van Dijk, Jordan Henderson and Joe Gomez.
- Klopp could make a couple of changes from the XI that started the 3-0 win at Arsenal.
- Georgino Wijnaldum should replace James Milner in the middle of the park, while Diogo Jota, who came off the bench to score twice at the Emirates, may lead the attack.
- Academy graduate Andrew Omobamidele will keep his place at the back with centre-backs Ben Gibson and Christoph Zimmermann both unavailable.
- Full-back duo Dimitris Giannoulis and Max Aarons remain doubts for Tuesday’s game, as does winger Emi Buendia.
- Carlos Corberan could move Fraizer Campbell up front here with Lewis O’Brien moving inside and Isaac Mbenza returning out wide.
- Juninho Bacuna will return to the starting XI in place of the injured Alex Vallejo.
A big thanks to our friends at https://t.me/FootballonTVideas who kindly allow us to use fixture information. A special shout to BOOMEDIA for the excellent pictures, much appreciated. If you would like to buy us a coffee and help support this project, you can do so buy clicking on this link. I admit, we are more likely to spend it on beer 🙂