Euro 2020 18/6/2021. Three games in Euro 2020 today. At 14:00, on BBC One, is Sweden v Slovakia. At 17:00, on BBC One, is Croatia v Czech Republic. The late game at 20:00, on BBC One, is England v Scotland.
Euro 2020 18/6/2021 – Sweden v Slovakia
- Sweden should welcome back Dejan Kulusevski and Mattias Svanberg after both missed their 0-0 draw with Spain through COVID-19. It may come too soon for either to start but the former is certainly more likely of the two.
- Temperatures soared when they faced Spain on Monday night so they will no doubt have to check the fitness of some of their players ahead of Friday’s game with Slovakia.
- Sebastian Larsson is one of those that played 90 minutes in Seville and may not be able to get another full game out of him in quick succession.
- Carl Mikael Lustig came off with a muscle injury against Spain and is expected to be replaced by Carl Mikael Lustig here.
- Alexander Isak caused Spain some problems in their opener and remains the one to watch for Sweden with Zlatan Ibrahimovic injured.
- Marek Hamsik was fit to start against Poland in a massive boost as they ran out 2-1 winners on Monday.
- Patrik Hrosovsky is pushing for a start if Slovakia need fresh legs in central midfield.
- Denis Vavro has tested positive for COVID-19 and misses out here.
Euro 2020 18/6/2021 – Croatia v Czech Republic
- Croatia looked pretty toothless in attack against England and that needs to change quickly. Bruno Petkovic is an option to lead the line.
- Mateo Kovacic was arguably Croatia’s best midfielder against England but it is usually him that drops out for Nikola Vlasic.
- Borna Barisic wasn’t fit enough to start against England and has been ruled out once more here.
- Tomas Kalas and Ondrej Celustka were fit to start at centre-back in their 2-0 win over Scotland on Monday.
- Patrik Schick was the star of the show with a superb brace, including a goal of the tournament contender to wrap up three points.
- Czech Republic have no real reason for change after getting their campaign off to the perfect start.
Euro 2020 18/6/2021 – England v Scotland
- Gareth Southgate may well stick with the same starting XI that beat Croatia, though Phil Foden was generally quiet and there will be calls for Jack Grealish to deputise.
- Tyrone Mings answered his critics against Croatia and should keep his place in the side despite Harry Maguire declaring himself available.
- Kieran Trippier played at left-back against Croatia, with Kyle Walker at right-back, but Southgate may consider naming a natural option in that position here.
- Jadon Sancho and Ben Chilwell weren’t even in the matchday squad to face Croatia so they will just hope to be on the bench at Wembley on Friday.
- Dean Henderson has been ruled out for the remainder of Euro 2020 owing to a hip problem.
- Scotland desperately missed Kieran Tierney in their 2-0 defeat to Czech Republic on Monday but Steve Clarke has declared the Arsenal defender fit to play against England.
- Chelsea’s Billy Gilmour didn’t get off the bench against Czech Republic suggesting he is not yet at full fitness. Scotland fans will be desperate to see minutes from him at Wembley.
- Clarke will certainly make changes from the side that lost on Monday as they desperately look to stay in the running for the knockout stage of the tournament.
- Southampton’s Che Adams should start after surprisingly starting their opener on the bench.
- Stephen O’Donnell didn’t have a great game against Czech Republic and could be replaced by James Forrest.
A big thanks to our friends at https://t.me/FootballonTVideas who kindly allow us to use fixture information. A special shout to BOOMEDIA for the excellent pictures, much appreciated. Credit to whoscored.com and BBC football who we link to.
If you would like to buy us a coffee and help support this project, you can do so buy clicking on this link. I admit, we are more likely to spend it on beer 🙂
Whatchan.co.uk– We are Football’s Favourite Friend.
If you would like to see your advertisement here, drop us an email, we would love to hear from you. With hundreds of unique visitors each week, get your message out to a new audience – at very reasonable rates.