Euro 2020 22/6/2021. Two games in Euro 2020 today. At 20:00, on ITV, is Czech Republic v England. At 20:00, on ITV 4, is Croatia v Scotland.
Euro 2020 22/6/2021 – Czech Republic v England
- Czech Republic have a relatively settled team, with just one doubt in midfield next to West Ham’s Tomas Soucek. Alex Kral or Tomas Holes will start here.
- Gareth Southgate will surely consider changes for their final group game after labouring to a dismal 0-0 draw with Scotland on Friday night.
- Ben Chilwell and Mason Mount have tested negative for COVID-19 after close contact with Chelsea team-mate Billy Gilmour in England’s meeting with Scotland but are both isolating away from the group and are surely massive doubts for Tuesday’s game with Czech Republic.
- England fans may finally get their wish of Jack Grealish starting, with Phil Foden one yellow away from a one-match ban. Jadon Sancho is pushing for his first involvement.
- Jordan Henderson and Harry Maguire will finally be considered for starts after working hard to recover from injury, though would be harsh on Tyrone Mings in regards to the latter.
- Southgate may ponder a back three against Czech Republic if he plans to use that against better sides in the knockout stage.
- Harry Kane has looked seriously off the pace in England’s first two matches but Southgate has confirmed his captain will start on Tuesday.
- Kyle Walker and Kieran Trippier are all pushing for starts in the full-back positions.
Euro 2020 22/6/2021 – Croatia v Scotland
- Borna Barisic missed the 1-1 draw with Czech Republic through injury, but may be fit enough to feature in some capacity against Scotland.
- Croatia looked a better side once Bruno Petkovic came on and he could lead the line here, with Ante Rebic moving out wide.
- Mateo Kovacic and Marcelo Brozovic are in competition to partner Luka Modric in the middle of the park.
- Billy Gilmour and Kieran Tierney were both fit enough to start against England on Friday night, though Gilmour misses the meeting with Croatia having tested positive for COVID-19.
- That could see Jack Hendry return to the XI in defence and Scott McTominay return to the midfield.
OTHER FOOTBALL – TUESDAY 22 JUNE
12:00am BRAZILIAN SERIE A – Atletico Mineiro v Chapecoense
USA – Paramount+
11:00am AFC CHAMPIONS LEAGUE – Pohang Steelers v Ratchaburi
Malaysia – Fox Sports 1
3:00pm AFC CHAMPIONS LEAGUE – Johor Darul Ta’zim v Nagoya Grampus
Malaysia – Fox Sports 1
A big thanks to our friends at https://t.me/FootballonTVideas who kindly allow us to use fixture information. A special shout to BOOMEDIA for the excellent pictures, much appreciated. Credit to whoscored.com and BBC football who we link to.
If you would like to buy us a coffee and help support this project, you can do so buy clicking on this link. I admit, we are more likely to spend it on beer 🙂
Whatchan.co.uk– We are Football’s Favourite Friend.
If you would like to see your advertisement here, drop us an email, we would love to hear from you. With hundreds of unique visitors each week, get your message out to a new audience – at very reasonable rates.