Europa League 15/4/2021. Two games featuring English clubs in the Europa League. At 20:00, on BT Sport 2, is Manchester United v Granada. Also at 20:00, on BT Sport 1, is Slavia Prague v Arsenal.
Europa League 15/4/2021 – Manchester United v Granada
- Manchester United fortunately have a two-goal lead to protect from the first leg as Harry Maguire, Scott McTominay and Luke Shaw are all suspended on Thursday.
- Eric Bailly is finally back in Manchester after almost a month in Ivory Coast with COVID-19 but Ole Gunnar Solskjaer says he is not available on Thursday.
- Marcus Rashford sat out training on Wednesday and is a doubt to face Granada. With Dan James back available, Rashford may not be risked here.
- Edinson Cavani will likely be held back for Sunday’s game against Burnley, allowing Mason Greenwood to lead the line after his influential performance off the bench at the weekend.
- Solskjaer has confirmed he will make a few changes for Thursday’s second leg. Fringe players like Donny van de Beek, Nemanja Matic, Juan Mata and hot prospect Amad Diallo will hope for starts here. David de Gea will be back in goal.
- Victor Lindelof will serve a one-match ban if he is booked on Thursday but Solskjaer has no choice but to play him here. Axel Tuanzebe steps in for a rare outing with Maguire banned and Bailly unavailable.
- Granada are chasing down a two-goal deficit without Domingos Duarte and Yan Eteki who are suspended due to an accumulation of bookings.
- Luis Sumarez recently returned from injury to bolster Granada’s forward options but the Spanish side will likely be without six players on Thursday.
- Former Tottenham striker Roberto Soldado was suspended at the weekend but will be fresh to return to the starting XI here.
Europa League 15/4/2021 – Slavia Prague v Arsenal
- Slavia Prague’s Ondrej Kudela has been banned for 10 matches in UEFA competition for racially abusing Rangers’ Glen Kamara.
- Goalkeeper Ondrej Kolar made a timely return from injury in the first leg, while midfielder Ibrahim Traore was fit enough to feature from the bench.
- The home side have a number of players one booking away from a ban but with the tie in the balance they will have no choice but to risk those players here.
- Arsenal are confident both Bukayo Saka and Gabriel Martinelli will be fit for Thursday’s massive second leg against Slavia Prague on Thursday.
- Mikel Arteta is less sure about Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang who missed their game on Sunday and training at the start of the week through illness.
- Emile Smith Rowe is also in a race against time to prove his fitness, with Martin Odegaard also managing an ankle problem picked up during the international break last month.
- Granit Xhaka will hope to return to central midfield on Thursday after being forced to drop in at left-back on Sunday with Kieran Tierney sidelined.
Europa League 15/4/2021 – Other Games
A big thanks to our friends at https://t.me/FootballonTVideas who kindly allow us to use fixture information. A special shout to BOOMEDIA for the excellent pictures, much appreciated.
If you would like to buy us a coffee and help support this project, you can do so by clicking on this link. I admit we are more likely to spend it on beer 🙂
Whatchan.co.uk– We are Football & IPTV’s Favourite Friend.
If you would like to see your advertisement here, drop us an email, we would love to hear you. With hundreds of unique visitors each week, get your message out to a new audience – at very reasonable rates.