Europa League 18/3/2021, four British clubs in action today. At 17:55, on BT Sport ESPN, is Arsenal v Olympiakos. Also at 17:55 is Dinamo Zagreb v Tottenham Hotspur on BT Sport 1. At 20:00, on BT Sport 2, is AC Milan v Manchester United. Also at 20:00, on BT Sport 3, is Rangers v Slavia Prague.
Europa League 18/3/2021 – 17:55 Arsenal v Olympiakos
- Arsenal captain Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang was dropped for Sunday’s derby win over Tottenham for disciplinary reasons and didn’t even make it off the bench. It’s unclear whether he will be considered from the start here.
- Mikel Arteta may shuffle his pack slightly from the side that faced Olympiacos last week with Arsenal in a commanding position in the tie thanks to a 3-1 win away from home in the first leg.
- Bukayo Saka is unlikely to feature after suffering a hamstring injury against Tottenham on Sunday.
- Midfielder Yann M’Villa was surprisingly deployed at centre-back in the first leg alongside ex-Arsenal defender Sokratis.
- With Ruben Semedo out and Ousseynou Ba a major doubt, M’Villa may have to play there again on Thursday.
Europa League 18/3/2021 – 17:55 Dinamo Zagreb v Tottenham Hotspur
- Sadegh Moharrami is the Croatian side’s only injury absentee.
- Head coach Zoran Mamic resigned this week after being given a prison sentence for fraud, with Damir Krznar taking charge.
- Son Heung-Min was forced off early in the 2-1 loss to Arsenal on Sunday and is ruled out, but Giovani Lo Celso makes the squad could get some minutes under his belt.
- Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg picked up his third yellow card of the season in the first leg and is suspended, with Moussa Sissoko expected to come into the side.
- With one eye on Sunday’s trip to Aston Villa, Jose Mourinho may elect to rest the likes of Lucas Moura, Tanguy Ndombele and Sergio Reguilon, which paves the way for Dele Alli, Harry Winks and Ben Davies to start, but the Spurs boss has confirmed Harry Kane will play.
- Erik Lamela misses the next league game through suspension, so should feature from the off.
Europa League 18/3/2021 AC Milan v Manchester United – 20:00
- AC Milan recovered Hakan Calhanoglu, Theo Hernandez and Ante Rebic from injury in Sunday’s 1-0 defeat to Napoli in a big boost ahead of the return leg.
- Ismael Benancer returned to first-team training on Monday and could make the matchday squad here after a month out injured.
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic is also pushing for a return from injury but isn’t expected to start. Alessio Romagnoli and Mario Mandzukic are also injury concerns.
- Diogo Dalot started at Old Trafford but may not face his parent club on Thursday with Hernandez back available and Davide Calabria rested from the weekend.
- Eric Bailly and Anthony Martial miss out for Manchester United through injury. Juan Mata and Phil Jones are still sidelined. Edinson Cavani has also not made the trip.
- Paul Pogba and Donny van de Beek are all in the squad after returning to training this week.
- David de Gea is also back in the squad after returning from Spain but Dean Henderson is expected to keep his place in goal.
Europa League 18/3/2021 -20:00 Rangers v Slavia Prague
- Rangers haven’t played since the first leg so Steven Gerrard’s side will be well rested and prepared for this one.
- The Scottish champions welcome Leon Balogun back from suspension for the second leg though he may only make the bench here.
- Kemar Roofe was fit enough to come off the bench in the first leg but there are still question marks over James Tavernier, Ryan Jack and Nikola Katic.
- Slavia Prague will hope to have Peter Oladeji Olayinka available for the second leg on Thursday.
- Should he recover in time then the away side may name an unchanged XI from the first leg.
Europa League 18/3/2021 – Other Games
A big thanks to our friends at https://t.me/FootballonTVideas who kindly allow us to use fixture information. A special shout to BOOMEDIA for the excellent pictures, much appreciated.
If you would like to buy us a coffee and help support this project, you can do so buy clicking on this link. I admit, we are more likely to spend it on beer 🙂
Whatchan.co.uk– We are Football & IPTV’s Favourite Friend.