Europa League & Others 18/2/2021. Plenty of British clubs in action today. At 17:55, on BT Sport ESPN is Slavia Prague v Leicester City. 17:55 on BT Sport 1 is Real Sociedad v Manchester United. While on BT Sport 2, also at 17:55, is Wolfsberger AC v Tottenham. At 20:00, on BT Sport 3, is Royal Antwerp v Rangers. On BT Sport 2 at 20:00 is Benfica v Arsenal.
Europa League & Others 18/2/2021 – Detailed Channel Information
Europa League & Others 18/2/2021 – Selected Team News
Real Sociedad v Manchester United
- Previously ruled out of both legs, Mikel Oyarzabal made a miraclous recovery and played against Getafe at the weekend in a massive boost for the Spanish side.
- Former Manchester United academy graduate Adnan Januzaj will look forward to facing his former side on Thursday, while United will also be all too familiar with Manchester City legend David Silva.
- Off the back of his man of the match display at the weekend, ex-Real Madrid midfielder Asier Illarramendi will hope to continue here after recently recovering from a long-term injury.
- 21-year-old Alexander Isak has scored in five straight league matches.
- Edinson Cavani and Donny van de Beek have been ruled out of Thursday’s game with muscle injuries, joining Paul Pogba and Phil Jones on the sidelines.
- Anthony Martial and Scott McTominay will require late fitness tests to determine whether they can be involved in Turin on Thursday.
- Dean Henderson and Eric Bailly will certainly return to the fold here. Alex Telles will hope to start as well. Other fringe players like Juan Mata and Nemanja Matic will hope to be involved.
- Talented youngsters Amad Diallo and Shola Shoretire are travelling to Turin with the first-team squad.
Wolfsberger v Tottenham
- Wolfsberger boss Ferdinand Feldhofer is without duo Mario Leirgeb and Eliel Peretz for the welcome of Tottenham.
- The former would usually have started and is set to be replaced by youngster Kai Stratznig in the middle of the park.
- Feldhofer used a three-man defence at the weekend, but could revert to a 4-1-3-2 system he predominantly used in the group stages.
- Giovani Lo Celso and Sergio Reguilon are Tottenham’s only confirmed injury absentee for the trip to Hungary, while Jose Mourinho elected not to include Joe Rodon in the club’s Europa League squad for the knockout stages.
- Starting full-back Serge Aurier may return for Spurs, though Mourinho could keep him fresh for Sunday’s meeting with West Ham.
- While desperate to get back to winning ways, the Spurs is set to keep faith with his usual Europa League personnel, which would see Carlos Vinicius, Gareth Bale and Lucas Moura all start.
- Dele Alli is in line to make his first competitive start since the 5-0 FA Cup win at Marine last month.
Benfica v Arsenal
- Gianl-Luca Waldschmidt returned from injury in Benfica’s 1-1 draw away to Moreirense at the weekend. Jardel and Andre Almeida are expected to miss out here.
- Former Tottenham defender Jan Vertonghen will rekindle his old North London rivalry with the Gunners here. Arsenal will also know a lot about his defensive partner, Nicolas Otamendi from his playing days with Manchester City.
- Arsenal supporters will be in for a shock if former Queens Park Rangers’ trickster Adel Taarabt starts in his new defensive midfield position on Thursday.
- Thomas Partey has not travelled but Kieran Tierney has.
- Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang is also in the squad despite rolling his ankle at the weekend.
- Rob Holding will return to the side after dropping to the bench at the weekend. David Luiz will hope to partner him at the back to face former club Benfica.
- Emile Smith Rowe has played a lot of football of late and may be given the night off, with Martin Odegaard continuing in the side.
A big thanks to our friends at https://t.me/FootballonTVideas who kindly allow us to use fixture information. A special shout to BOOMEDIA for the excellent pictures, much appreciated.
If you would like to buy us a coffee and help support this project, you can do so buy clicking on this link. I admit, we are more likely to spend it on beer 🙂
Whatchan.co.uk– We are Football & IPTV’s Favourite Friend.