FA Cup & Others 8/1/2021. Two games in the FA Cup tonight, both take place at 19:45. On BT Sport 1 is Aston Villa v Liverpool. On BT Sport Extra is Wolves v Crystal Palace.
FA Cup & Others 8/1/2021. Detailed Channel Information.
FA Cup & Others 8/1/2021 – Selected Team News
Aston Villa v Liverpool
- Aston Villa have been hit by a significant outbreak of COVID-19 putting this match in doubt. Their training ground has been closed in the build-up and it’s unclear who has tested positive.
- Dean Smith would ideally like to ring the changes after sticking with the same group of players throughout the festive period, though it remains to be seen whether that will now be possible.
- Jurgen Klopp’s injury woes are beginning to ease, but the Liverpool boss remains without no fewer than six first team players, including centre-back trio Virgil van Dijk, Joe Gomez and Joel Matip.
- Klopp is likely to make changes to his usual XI, which would see Takumi Minamino, Divock Origi and potentially Xherdan Shaqiri lead the attack.
- Thiago may also feature here as the Reds head coach looks to build up the Spaniard’s fitness.
Aston Villa’s FA Cup third-round tie with Liverpool is in doubt after Villa experienced a “significant” coronavirus outbreak at the club.
The club’s training ground was closed on Thursday after a second round of testing produced more positive results.
Should the match take place, Liverpool will again be without midfielder Naby Keita.
Defenders Virgil van Dijk and Joe Gomez are expected to miss the rest of the season.
Saturday’s FA Cup third-round tie between Southampton and Shrewsbury is off after a significant number of Shrews players and staff tested positive for coronavirus.
Non-league Marine’s game at home to Premier League leaders Tottenham on Sunday 10 January will be one of three FA Cup third-round ties shown live on BBC One.
The other two will be Crawley against Leeds United on the same day, and Arsenal against Newcastle on Saturday 9 January.
Wolves v Crystal Palace
- Nuno Espirito Santo is without injured quartet Raul Jimenez, Jonny, Marcal and Daniel Podence.
- Leander Dendoncker is back in first-team training after two months out injured. Willy Boly is hoping to return sometime this week, though Friday’s game may come too soon for both to feature.
- Santo used a 4-2-3-1 against Brighton at the weekend, but may go back to a three-man defence here.
- Vitinha could continue behind strikers Adama Traore and Fabio Silva, with Pedro Neto handed a rest.
- Wolves have recalled Morgan Gibbs-White from his loan spell with Swansea to bolster their first-team squad due to their current injuries.
- Patrick Cutrone is also back early from a loan spell with Raul Jimenez still on the mend. He hadn’t started a league game for Fiorentina this season.
- Roy Hodgson has confirmed Friday’s match with Wolves will come too soon for Gary Cahill, with Jeffrey Schlupp also sidelined. Scott Dann is unlikely to feature, while Luka Milivojevic will require a late fitness test.
- Changes are expected from the Eagles to freshen things up, with the likes of Jack Butland, James McCarthy, Mamadou Sakho and James Tomkins pushing to start.
Patrick Cutrone and Morgan Gibbs-White could be included in Wolverhampton Wanderers’ squad for Friday’s FA Cup third-round tie with Crystal Palace.
Belgium midfielder Leander Dendoncker could feature in the Molineux game after recovering from a knee injury.
Crystal Palace boss Roy Hodgson is set to rotate his squad.
Utility player Jeffrey Schlupp is definitely ruled out after picking up a hamstring injury in last weekend’s win over Sheffield United.
Schlupp joins Scott Dann (thigh) and Gary Cahill (hamstring) on the sidelines while captain Luka Milivojevic will be assessed after a back spasm.
A big thanks to our friends at https://t.me/FootballonTVideas who kindly allow us to use fixture information. A special shout to BOOMEDIA for the excellent pictures, much appreciated.
If you would like to buy us a coffee and help support this project, you can do so buy clicking on this link. I admit, we are more likely to spend it on beer ?
Whatchan.co.uk– We are Football & IPTV’s Favourite Friend.