FA Cup & Others 9/2/2021. Two games in the FA Cup today. At 17:30 on BT Sport 1 is Burnley v Bournemouth. At 19:30 on BBC One is Manchester United v West Ham United. There are also games in La Liga, Coppa Italia and Liga Nos.
FA Cup & Others 9/2/2021 – Detailed Channel Information
FA Cup & Others 9/2/2021 – Selected Team News
Burnley v Bournemouth
- Chris Wood missed the draw with Brighton due to a hamstring injury, while the likes of Charlie Taylor, Robbie Brady and Josh Brownhill are all doubts and unlikely to be risked. Jack Cork has a knock.
- Sean Dyche could name the same side that earned a convincing 3-0 win at Fulham in the previous round, though Ben Mee could start this time out ahead of James Tarkowski.
- Alternatively, Jimmy Dunne could start alongside Kevin Long, with Bailey Peacock-Farrell, Phil Bardsley and Dale Stephens all resuming cup duties.
- Bournemouth went full strength in the last round of the cup and this should be no different, despite a change in the dugout, with Jonathan Woodgate overseeing his second game in interim charge of the Cherries.
- Woodgate opted to field Cameron Carter-Vickers ahead of Diego Rico and Chris Mepham, with Jefferson Lerma and Adam Smith also coming into the side.
- Philip Billing will hope to start having scored the winner off the bench at the weekend, while Junior Stanislas and Dominic Solanke will hope to be back in contention from injury.
- Shane Long made his debut in the absence of the latter against Birmingham but Ben Pearson is still awaiting his first appearance for the club.
Manchester United v West Ham
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer will ponder changes from Saturday’s thrilling 3-3 draw with Everton.
- Nemanja Matic and Scott McTominay may start in midfield to counter West Ham’s aerial threat and, in particular, Tomas Soucek’s.
- Paul Pogba is out for a few weeks with a thigh injury picked up against Everton. Eric Bailly remains a doubt.
- Solskjaer has revealed he is contemplating resting Harry Maguire on Tuesday, though they would then lose a massive aerial threat against the likes of Soucek.
- Anthony Martial now appears below Edinson Cavani in the pecking order up front but both could feature in this FA Cup match.
- Dean Henderson will start in goal after David de Gea’s calamitous performance against Everton.
- With West Brom to come this weekend, Solskjaer may go stronger with his selection here then rotate against the Baggies.
- United supporters will be desperate to get a glimpse of teen sensation Amad Diallo but Solskjaer may feel it’s too soon.
- West Ham have successfully overturned Tomas Soucek’s red card against Fulham.
- January signing Jesse Lingard cannot face parent club Manchester United but can not represent West Ham in the FA Cup anyway having already featured earlier in the competition for the Red Devils.
- Pablo Fornals will return to replace Lingard in the starting XI after dropping out of the side in favour of the United playmaker in the last two games.
- David Moyes is expected to name his strongest XI for this FA Cup game, though has admitted Michail Antonio’s involvement will be a late decision owing to fatigue.
A big thanks to our friends at https://t.me/FootballonTVideas who kindly allow us to use fixture information. A special shout to BOOMEDIA for the excellent pictures, much appreciated.
If you would like to buy us a coffee and help support this project, you can do so buy clicking on this link. I admit, we are more likely to spend it on beer ?
Whatchan.co.uk– We are Football & IPTV’s Favourite Friend.