Football 1/9/2021. There are World Cup qualifiers today including Denmark v Scotland. There are also friendlies, including Finland v Wales.
Football 1/9/2021 – Denmark v Scotland
- Philip Billing has withdrawn from the Denmark squad through illness, while defensive duo Jannik Vestergaard and Nicolai Boilesen are injured.
- Denmark are still missing Christian Eriksen, while Andreas Cornelius, Martin Brathwaite and Rasmus Falk have been forced to withdraw due to injury.
- Mikkel Damsgaard hasn’t quite managed to carry his form from Euro 2020 into the new season in Italy but is expected to keep his place in the side here.
- Thomas Delaney hasn’t played much football this season after his move from Dortmund to Sevilla, so Brentford’s Christian Norgaard has a decent chance of starting here.
- Jens Stryger Larsen and Daniel Wass are in competition to start at right wing-back for the home side.
- Manchester United midfielder Scott McTominay has undergone groin surgery and misses out for Scotland. Celtic pair James Forrest and Greg Taylor have also withdrawn through injury.
- Aston Villa’s John McGinn tested positive for COVID-19 over the weekend, while Nathan Patterson is self-isolating.
- Stephen O’Donnell has missed Motherwell’s last three matches through illness but returned to training over the weekend and has joined up with the Scotland squad in a boost for Steve Clarke’s side.
- Billy Gilmour didn’t feature at Euro 2020 as much as planned but will certainly slot into Scotland’s midfield on Wednesday. Ryan Christie will line up either in midfield or up front.
Football 1/9/2021 – Portugal v Ireland
- Bruno Fernandes missed Portugal’s last World Cup qualifier back in March through suspension but he is available again. All eyes will be on Cristiano Ronaldo, who is re-joining Manchester United.
- Leicester’s Ricardo Pereira has withdrawn from the squad through injury. Renato Sanches played a major role for Portugal at Euro 2020 but got injured earlier this month and misses out for Fernando Santos’ side.
- Manchester City’s João Cancelo returns to the national squad after missing Euro 2020 with COVID-19. He is expected to start at right-back for the home side.
- Ireland are set to continue with a back three when they take on Portugal on Wednesday night. Seamus Coleman has started playing in a back three for Ireland this year.
- Gavin Bazunu and Mark Travers have started a qualifier each in goal so it’s unclear who will get the No.1 shirt in midweek.
Football 1/9/2021 – Friendlies
A big thanks to our friends at https://t.me/FootballonTVideas who kindly allow us to use fixture information. A special shout to BOOMEDIA for the excellent pictures, much appreciated. Credit to whoscored.com and BBC football who we link to.
If you would like to buy us a coffee and help support this project, you can do so by clicking on this link. I admit, we are more likely to spend it on beer 🙂
Whatchan.co.uk– We are Football’s Favourite Friend.
If you would like to see your advertisement here, drop us an email, we would love to hear from you.
We are proud to say we have over 10,000 unique visitors over a three-month period, get your message out to a new audience – at very reasonable rates.