Football 11/8/2021. Chelsea takes on Villarreal in the UEFA Super Cup today. There are also games in the Carabao Cup.
Football 11/8/2021 – Chelsea v Villarreal
- Romelu Lukaku will likely be a Chelsea player again by the time they face Villarreal but may just miss out here.
- Jorginho, Cesar Azpilicueta, Thiago Silva, Mason Mount, Reece James, Ben Chilwell are all in the squad for Wednesday’s game but this would be there first involvement in pre-season after extended breaks. Expect them to get minutes here.
- Kurt Zouma continues to be linked with a move away from Chelsea but may be used in the meantime with other centre-backs working back to full fitness.
- Summer signings Boulaye Dia and Aissa Mandi will hope to feature for Europa League winners Villarreal.
- Pau Torres won’t be involved on Wednesday after he represented Spain at both Euro 2020 and the Olympics.
- Samuel Chukwueze is unlikely to feature owing to a hamstring injury picked up at the end of last season.
- Dani Parejo sustained a calf injury in pre-season and it’s touch and go as to whether he’ll be fit to feature here, with Manu Morlanes in line to deputise.
- A COVID-19 scare in the Villarreal camp means Etienne Capoue, Francis Coquelin, Geronimo Rulli and Vicente Iborra may miss out.
A big thanks to our friends at https://t.me/FootballonTVideas who kindly allow us to use fixture information. A special shout to BOOMEDIA for the excellent pictures, much appreciated. Credit to whoscored.com and BBC football who we link to.
If you would like to buy us a coffee and help support this project, you can do so by clicking on this link. I admit, we are more likely to spend it on beer 🙂
Whatchan.co.uk– We are Football’s Favourite Friend.
If you would like to see your advertisement here, drop us an email, we would love to hear from you.
We are proud to say we have over 10,000 uniquie visitors over a three-month period, get your message out to a new audience – at very reasonable rates.