Football 16/8/2021. No major games involving British teams today. There are games in La Liga and Coppa Italia.
Football 16/8/2021 – Villareal v Granada
- Dani Parejo will miss out here as he continues to nurse a calf injury, while Samu Chukwueze also misses out.
- Pau Torres has now played three consecutive extra time periods following the Olympics and Super Cup, and he also played at Euro 2020. The defender, who played more minutes than any player in Europe last season, has been sent on holidays for the first two weeks of the season and is not available.
- New signing Aissa Mandi will take his place, while Alberto Moreno could keep his position in an advanced role on the left having done well there in the Super Cup.
- Neyder Lozano will miss out here with a fractured tibia, meaning he will be out for the foreseeable future.
- Yan Eteki is a doubt with a muscular injury.
- Darwin Machis is one to look out for here, providing pace on the win, while Luis Suarez will play a pivotal role in holding the ball up. He scored five times last season, so he is a danger in the box, but his purpose is largely to bring Machis and Antonio Puertas into play.
Football 16/8/2021 – Elche v Athletic Bilbao
- Elche will be without Jony Alamo through injury, though he only featured sparingly last season anyway.
- Luisimi is a doubt following a positive coronavirus test, while Pablo Piatti has a calf issue.
- Talented midfielder Raul Guti is the one to watch here, while Lucas Boye. whose loan move was made permanent in the summer, is also worth keeping an eye on up top.
- Athletic Club will be without Yuri Berchiche and Peru Nolaskoain for this the foreseeable future due to respective operations.
- Ander Capa is a doubt with a muscular injury, while Iñigo Córdoba has a knee problem.
- Kenan Kodro is hoping to shake off a metatarsal issue on time to be in contention for this one.
- Iñaki Williams is always the man to watch out for when it comes to Athletic Club, but there is pressure on him to be far more consistent this season. Iker Muniain will be a danger from the wide left.
A big thanks to our friends at https://t.me/FootballonTVideas who kindly allow us to use fixture information. A special shout to BOOMEDIA for the excellent pictures, much appreciated. Credit to whoscored.com and BBC football who we link to.
If you would like to buy us a coffee and help support this project, you can do so by clicking on this link. I admit, we are more likely to spend it on beer 🙂
Whatchan.co.uk– We are Football’s Favourite Friend.
If you would like to see your advertisement here, drop us an email, we would love to hear from you.
We are proud to say we have over 10,000 uniquie visitors over a three-month period, get your message out to a new audience – at very reasonable rates.