International Friendlies 2/6/2021. Three friendly games involving British teams today. At 19:45, on Sky Sports Main Event, is Netherlands v Scotland. At 20:00, on ITV 1, is England v Austria. At 20:05, on Sky Sports Football, is France v Wales.
International Friendlies 2/6/2021 – Netherlands v Scotland
John Fleck is isolating at Scotland’s training base in Alicante after testing positive for Covid-19.
Manchester United’s Scott McTominay and Chelsea’s Billy Gilmour will join the squad in Portugal but will take no part in the game following their involvement in last week’s European finals.
Newcastle winger Ryan Fraser has not played since March due to injury but is deemed fit enough to be involved, while Celtic playmaker David Turnbull and Rangers full-back Nathan Patterson will be hoping to earn their first caps.
International Friendlies 2/6/2021 – England v Austria
- England will face Austria for the first time since November 2007, a 1-0 friendly win courtesy of Peter Crouch’s goal in Vienna.
- Austria last visited England for an away match in October 2005 in a World Cup qualifier, losing 1-0 at Old Trafford thanks to a Frank Lampard penalty.
- England’s last defeat by Austria came in June 1979, losing 4-3 in Vienna in a friendly under Ron Greenwood. On home soil, England’s only defeat in six previous meetings came in October 1965 at Wembley, losing 3-2.
- England have won their last six friendly matches, scoring 14 goals and conceding just one. They last won seven friendlies in a row between June 1985 and May 1986 under Sir Bobby Robson.
- Austria have won eight of their last 10 friendly matches (L2), scoring at least twice in seven of those eight wins.
- This is only England’s second ever match at the Riverside Stadium in Middlesbrough, after their 2-1 win over Slovakia in June 2003. Manager Gareth Southgate – then of Middlesbrough – played the full 90 minutes for the Three Lions that day.
- England striker Dominic Calvert-Lewin has scored four goals in seven appearances so far, including in friendly games against Wales and Republic of Ireland. Calvert-Lewin is averaging a goal every 73 minutes in his England career, the best ratio of any player to play at least five games for the Three Lions since the Second World War.
International Friendlies 2/6/2021 – France v Wales
- Wales have won just one of their five previous meetings with France, a 1-0 victory in Toulouse in 1982 with Ian Rush scoring the winner. All previous meetings have been friendlies.
- The most recent encounter between France and Wales was in November 2017 at the Stade de France, with France winning 2-0 with goals from Antoine Griezmann and Olivier Giroud.
- This is only France’s fourth match at the Allianz Riviera in Nice – they are unbeaten in their previous three games at the stadium, all friendlies between 2014 and 2018.
- Wales have won nine of their past 13 matches, conceding just seven goals in this 13-game spell, six of which came in their two defeats: 3-0 against England and 3-1 against Belgium.
- France have won 18 of their past 23 matches, although four of the five matches they’ve failed to win in this run have come on French soil.
- Since a 1-0 victory in Denmark in November 2008, Wales have lost their past eight away friendly matches, failing to score in each of their past seven on the road.
- Although he hasn’t scored in his past eight starts for Wales, Gareth Bale has five assists in this time and has assisted in each of his past four starts for his country.
International Friendlies 2/6/2021 – Other Games
OTHER FOOTBALL – WEDNESDAY 2 JUNE
1:30am COPA DO BRASIL – Boavista v Vasco
USA – Fox Sports 2
11:00am JAPANESE J-LEAGUE – Yokohama v Kawasaki
Australia – Optus Sport 1
Malaysia – Astro Supersport 4
4:00pm SOUTH AFRICAN PREMIERSHIP – AmaZulu v Swallows
South Africa – Supersport Football
4:00pm SOUTH AFRICAN PREMIERSHIP – Baroka v Pirates
South Africa – Supersport Premier League
4:00pm SOUTH AFRICAN PREMIERSHIP – Cape Town City v Leopards
South Africa – Supersport Variety 1
4:00pm SOUTH AFRICAN PREMIERSHIP – Celtic v Sundowns
South Africa – Supersport PSL
4:00pm SOUTH AFRICAN PREMIERSHIP – Chiefs v Arrows
South Africa – Supersport Variety 4
4:00pm SOUTH AFRICAN PREMIERSHIP – SS Utd v Maritzburg
South Africa – Supersport LaLiga
8:30pm COPA DO BRASIL – Gremio v Brasiliense
USA – Fox Sports 2
11:00pm COPA DO BRASIL – Fortaleza v Ceara
USA – Fox Sports 2
A big thanks to our friends at https://t.me/FootballonTVideas who kindly allow us to use fixture information. A special shout to BOOMEDIA for the excellent pictures, much appreciated.
If you would like to buy us a coffee and help support this project, you can do so buy clicking on this link. I admit, we are more likely to spend it on beer 🙂
Whatchan.co.uk– We are Football’s Favourite Friend.
If you would like to see your advertisement here, drop us an email, we would love to hear from you. With hundreds of unique visitors each week, get your message out to a new audience – at very reasonable rates.