International Friendlies 6/6/2021. Plenty of friendly games today. At 17:00, on ITV, is England v Romania. Also at 17:00, on Sky Sports Football, is Luxembourg v Scotland. The Under-21 Championship final between Germany v Portugal is on Sky Sports Main Event at 20:00.
International Friendlies 6/6/2021 – England v Romania
- Manchester United’s players linked up with the squad on Thursday but those involved in the Champions League final only arrived on Friday so it’s perhaps unlikely we will see them start against Romania on Sunday.
- Trent Alexander-Arnold is ruled out for up to six weeks after suffering a thigh injury in the win over Austria in midweek and has unfortunately had to withdraw from the squad.
- Jesse Lingard has been tipped to replace Alexander-Arnold in the squad and could actually end up starting again here if the Chelsea and City players are only available off the bench.
- Neither Harry Maguire nor Jordan Henderson will likely be involved this weekend as they continue to battle their injury problems, while Marcus Rashford and Kalvin Phillips are also nursing knocks.
- Jack Grealish is still being managed after missing 12 games in a row for Aston Villa towards the end of the season and it wouldn’t be a surprise to see him drop out of the side here.
- Romania have lost Andrei Burca, Nicusor Bancu and Iulian Cristea to injury, while Florin Tanase is suspended after his red card against Georgia in midweek.
International Friendlies 6/6/2021 – Luxembourg v Scotland
David Marshall, John McGinn, Grant Hanley, Che Adams, Stephen O’Donnell and Nathan Patterson are all available, having missed Wednesday’s game as a precaution after John Fleck tested positive for Covid-19.
Fleck continues to isolate at the squad’s training camp in Spain but midfielders Scott McTominay and Billy Gilmour are in contention for starts after joining up with their team-mates on Wednesday.
Chelsea teenager Gilmour was a late substitute against the Netherlands, making his debut before taking part in a training session.
That leaves fellow 19-year-old Patterson as the only uncapped player in Clarke’s squad.
“I’ll look at one or two different things,” explained Clarke. “We’ll try to get some minutes into certain players, maybe look at one or two combinations that might stand us in good stead going into the tournament. I’ve got a few things to think about overnight, but it’ll be a good team that’s on the pitch.”
International Friendlies 6/6/2021 – Other Games
Under21 Championship Final
A big thanks to our friends at https://t.me/FootballonTVideas who kindly allow us to use fixture information. A special shout to BOOMEDIA for the excellent pictures, much appreciated.
If you would like to buy us a coffee and help support this project, you can do so buy clicking on this link. I admit, we are more likely to spend it on beer 🙂
Whatchan.co.uk– We are Football’s Favourite Friend.
If you would like to see your advertisement here, drop us an email, we would love to hear from you. With hundreds of unique visitors each week, get your message out to a new audience – at very reasonable rates.