Premier League 1/1/2022 – Two televised Premier League Games. At 12:30, Arsenal plays Manchester City. At 17:30, is Crystal Palace v West Ham.
Wish all our visitors a very happy new year – Thanks for all your support
Premier League 1/1/2022 – Arsenal v Manchester City
- Arsenal’s midweek game with Wolves was postponed and preperations for this game was complicated by manager Mikel Arteta testing positive for COVID-19 this week.
- Ben White may have to play at right-back once again after Cedric Soares and Takehiro Tomiyasu recently tested positive for COVID-19. Ainsley Maitland-Niles and Calum Chambers also returned positive tests.
- Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang won’t be considered by Arteta until after AFCON and even then there are no assurances he will play again. Sead Kolasinac is injured.
- Arteta has a big decision to make between Emile Smith Rowe and Gabriel Martinelli on the left wing on Saturday. Smith Rowe has dropped out of the side of late but has scored off the bench in three straight appearances.
- Fernandinho has played the full 90 twice in three days already this week and is unlikely to be able to start here.
- Rodri hasn’t been deemed fully fit for Manchester City’s last two outings but Pep Guardiola will be desperate to have him back here.
- Kyle Walker has missed City’s last six matches but was pictured in training on Thursday. His return is timely as Joao Cancelo could miss out here after he was assaulted by burglars in midweek.
- Raheem Sterling, Ilkay Gundogan and Riyad Mahrez were all unused substitutes on Wednesday night and should all start here. The latter leaves for AFCON after this game.
- Phil Foden and Jack Grealish started against Brentford after being dropped for a few games due to a lack of discipline off the pitch. The latter will drop out of the side here and Foden may even join him.
Premier League 1/1/2022 – Crystal Palace v West Ham
- Wilfried Zaha returns from suspension for Crystal Palace in what will be his final game before leaving for AFCON. Cheikhou Kouyate, Jordan Ayew and Jeffrey Schlupp also departs after this game.
- Odsonne Edouard played a direct hand in all three of Crystal Palace’s goals against Watford in midweek and will keep his place here.
- Conor Gallagher missed out altogether against Watford amid rumours of him testing positive for COVID-19. He is not expected to return here.
- Christian Benteke and Luka Milivojevic both returned to the matchday squad in midweek but Michael Olise and Eberechi Eze continued to miss out.
- Joachim Andersen will likely rotate out of the side here after coming off in midweek with fatigue.
- Declan Rice returns for West Ham and will regain his starting spot despite the fact Mark Noble scored in their 4-1 win over Watford in midweek.
- Angelo Ogbonna, Kurt Zouma and Aaron Cresswell are all expected to miss out once again for David Moyes’ side.
- Arthur Masuaku may rotate into the side for one of Ben Johnson or Vladimir Coufal on Saturday.
- Pablo Fornals wasn’t in the matchday squad in midweek leading to doubts over his availability this weekend.
Premier League 1/1/2022 – Not on UK TV
EFL / iFollow – available on multiple services (3pm kickoff unless stated)
EFL01: Blackpool v Hull
EFL02: Burton v Crewe
EFL03: Charlton v Wycombe
EFL04: MK Dons v Gillingham
EFL05: Oxford v Cheltenham
EFL06: Rotherham v Bolton
EFL07: Barrow v Bradford
EFL08: Crawley v Colchester
EFL09: Forest Green v Stevenage
EFL11: Hartlepool v Oldham
EFL12: Leyton Orient v Bristol Rovers
EFL13: Scunthorpe v Carlisle
EFL14: Sutton v Exeter
EFL15: Swindon v Northampton
EFL16: Walsall v Newport
OTHER FOOTBALL – SATURDAY 1 JANUARY 2022
5:30pm NIFL PREMIERSHIP – Glentoran v Larne
UK – BBC iPlayer
A big thanks to our friends at https://t.me/FootballonTVideas who kindly allow us to use fixture information. A special shout to BOOMEDIA for the excellent pictures, much appreciated. Credit to whoscored.com and BBC football who we link to.
If you would like to buy us a coffee and help support this project, you can do so by clicking on this link. I admit, we are more likely to spend it on beer ?
Whatchan.co.uk– We are Football’s Favourite Friend.
If you would like to see your advertisement here, drop us an email, we would love to hear from you.
We are proud to say we have over 10,000 unique visitors over a three-month period, get your message out to a new audience – at very reasonable rates.
Fixtures / Live Scores / Results