Premier League 2/12/2021. Two games in the Premier League tonight. At 19:30, is Tottenham v Brentford. At 20:15, is Manchester United v Arsenal.
Premier League 2/12/2021 – Tottenham v Brentford
- Antonio Conte remains without injured trio Cristian Romero, Giovani Lo Celso and Dane Scarlett for Thursday’s welcome of Brentford.
- Conte is likely to name the same XI that should have started the game in Burnley before it was postponed.
- That would see Davinson Sanchez start on the right of the three-man defence in place of the Romero, though he faces competition from Japhet Tanganga.
- Kristoffer Ajer remains out, with Charlie Goode potentially keeping his spot in defence after his role in Brentford’s 1-0 win over Everton.
- David Raya, Josh Dasilva and Julian Jeanvier are all absent, while the trip across the capital comes too soon for Zanka. Tariqe Fosu-Henry has required surgery on a hamstring problem so will be out for the foreseeable future.
- Despite a quick turnaround in games, Thomas Frank may resist the temptation to make any changes to his XI.
Premier League 2/12/2021 – Manchester United v Arsenal
- Ralf Rangnick was confirmed as Manchester United interim manager on Monday but Michael Carrick will continue in charge until his work-permit has been resolved. It’s unclear whether Rangnick will have any influence on team selection until then.
- Harry Maguire has served a one-match ban and is back available here. After dropping Bruno Fernandes and then Cristiano Ronaldo at the weekend, it wouldn’t be a surprise if Carrick named Maguire on the bench here.
- Eric Bailly did well against Chelsea on Sunday and can count himself unlucky if he drops back to the bench on Thursday. Carrick may well go with a back three against Arsenal, though the 4-3-1-2 system used against Chelsea is one Rangnick likes.
- Luke Shaw should be back in the mix after a second spell out with concussion but Alex Telles could well keep his place in the side.
- Bukayo Saka came off with a thigh injury against Newcastle on Saturday and may not recover in time to face Manchester United.
- Gabriel Martinelli replaced Saka and scored minutes later so he will hope to be rewarded with a start here.
- Martin Odegaard made his first Premier League start in well over a month at the weekend and may continue here.
- Nuno Tavares is still keeping Kieran Tierney out of the team and that looks set to continue here after an assist against Newcastle.
Premier League 2/12/2021 – Celtic v Hearts
- Ange Postecolgou made two changes from Celtic’s late loss to Leverkusen as the Hoops succumbed to a 3-2 defeat in Germany, before they responded with a 2-1 victory over Aberdeen back in the Scottish Premiership on Sunday afternoon.
- Carl Starfelt picked up an injury in the match against Livingston at the end of October, joining fellow centre-back Christopher Jullien on the treatment table. Left-back Greg Taylor and midfielder Tom Rogic are also currently sidelined.
- Nir Bitton is the latest Celtic star out through injury, James McCarthy took his place for the visit of the Dons. James Forrest made way for Liel Abada to join Jota and Kyogo Furuhashi in Celtic’s front three.
- Robbie Neilson named four changes after Hearts’ 2-0 defeat to Motherwell at Fir Park, before they responded with a win against St Mirren at Tynecastle at the weekend by the same scoreline.
- Craig Halkett missed the Motherwell match through an injury to his groin. However, with Taylor Moore suspended, he replaced the Bristol City loanee in the back three. Andy Halliday replaced Alex Cochrane at left wing-back.
- Beni Baningime will miss both the Celtic clash and the trip to Livingston at the weekend through injury, Peter Haring the most likely to replace him in the middle of the park.
- Gary-Mackay Steven justified his selection with the opener against the Buddies, joining Barrie McKay in supporting the fit again Liam Boyce. Josh Ginnelly and Ben Woodburn dropped onto the substitutes bench against Saints on Saturday.
Premier League 2/12/2021 – Other Games
Premier League 2/12/2021 – Other Games Detailed
OTHER FOOTBALL – THURSDAY 2 DECEMBER
1:00am CONCACAF LEAGUE – Montagua v Forge
Canada – OneSoccer
3:00am MEXICAN LIGA MX – Tigres UANL v Leon
UK – OneFootball
Canada – OneSoccer
2:00pm INDIAN SUPER LEAGUE – Jamshedpur v Hyderabad
UK – OneFootball
India – Star Sports 2
5:30pm SOUTH AFRICAN PREMIERSHIP – Pirates v Baroka
South Africa – Supersport PSL
7:45pm BELGIAN CUP – Standard Liege v Beerschot
Indonesia – Mola TV
9:00pm BRAZILIAN SERIE A – Bahia v Atletico Mineiro
USA – Paramount+
11:00pm BRAZILIAN SERIE A – Gremio v Sao Paulo
USA – Paramount+
A big thanks to our friends at https://t.me/FootballonTVideas who kindly allow us to use fixture information. A special shout to BOOMEDIA for the excellent pictures, much appreciated. Credit to whoscored.com and BBC football who we link to.
If you would like to buy us a coffee and help support this project, you can do so by clicking on this link. I admit, we are more likely to spend it on beer 🙂
Whatchan.co.uk– We are Football’s Favourite Friend.
If you would like to see your advertisement here, drop us an email, we would love to hear from you.
We are proud to say we have over 10,000 unique visitors over a three-month period, get your message out to a new audience – at very reasonable rates.