Premier League 28/12/2020. Three games in the Premier League today and all games are on Amazon Prime, check out our detailed channel information for alternatives. First up at 15:00 is Crystal Palace v Leicester City. At 17:30, it is Chelsea v Aston Villa. The 20:000 game is Everton v Manchester City.
Premier League 28/12/2020. Detailed Channel Information
Premier League 28/12/2020: Selected Team News
Crystal Palace v Leicester City
- Roy Hodgson will make changes from the side that was well beaten 3-0 by Aston Villa on Boxing Day.
- Andros Townsend, Michy Batshuayi, Jairo Riedewald, James Tomkins, Nathaniel Clyne, James McCarthy and Jordan Ayew will hope to be considered for a start.
- Leicester expect to have Caglar Soyuncu back in their next few matches but he remains a doubt here.
- Brendan Rodgers will ponder changes given the 48-hour turnaround from Saturday’s 2-2 draw with Manchester United.
- Christian Fuchs, Nampalys Mendy, Ayoze Perez and Dennis Praet will push for starts on Monday.
Chelsea v Aston Villa
- Frank Lampard will have to make changes after a humiliating Boxing Day defeat to Arsenal.
- Timo Werner has now failed to score in his last nine appearances for Chelsea and was hooked at half-time against Arsenal. He should really be dropped on Monday.
- Tammy Abraham scored what proved to be a consolation goal against Arsenal but it shouldn’t be enough to prevent Olivier Giroud from starting here. With eight goals in as many appearances against Villa, they are Giroud’s favourite opponents.
- Chelsea are managing Reece James’ knee problem and he may not feature here as a result.
- Thiago Silva will only play in one of Chelsea’s next two matches and he may have to drop out here given the 48-hour turnaround.
- Ben Chilwell played through the pain at Arsenal but seemed to cope fine and should be okay to start here.
- Kai Havertz has really struggled since joining Chelsea but could be thrown into the starting XI here with Hakim Ziyech still struggling with injury. Even though Christian Pulisic looked bright in attack, it would be a risk to start him here given his recent record with hamstring problems.
- Ross Barkley, who is close to returning from injury, cannot face parent club Chelsea and will miss out on Monday.
- Tyrone Mings will sit this one out after his red card on Boxing Day, with Ezri Konsa and Kortney Hause set to take over at Stamford Bridge.
- Bertrand Traore was unfortunate to be the one sacrificed against Crystal Palace after Mings’ sending off but will at least be fresh to start against his former club.
- Dean Smith would ideally like to stick with the side that faced Palace but with just 48 hours separating the two games he will have to assess how the players recover.
Everton v Manchester City
- Carlo Ancelotti has no fresh injury concerns ahead of the welcome of Manchester City.
- However, the Toffees boss is unable to call upon Lucas Digne, Fabian Delph, Jean-Philippe Gbamin, Allan and Richarlison for Monday’s game, while James Rodriguez will be assessed.
- Bernard could come into the side in place of Anthony Gordon on the left flank.
- Gabriel Jesus and Kyle Walker both tested positive for COVID-19 on Christmas Day and miss out.
- Eric Garcia is unlikely to play again until the New Year.
- Pep Guardiola could revert to a 4-2-3-1 formation for the trip to Goodison Park, with Benjamin Mendy coming in at left-back.
- Sergio Aguero, Phil Foden and Riyad Mahrez are among those who may rotate into the XI.
A big thanks to our friends at https://t.me/FootballonTVideas who kindly allow us to use fixture information. A special shout to BOOMEDIA for the excellent pictures, much appreciated.
If you would like to buy us a coffee and help support this project, you can do so buy clicking on this link. I admit, we are more likely to spend it on beer 🙂
Whatchan.co.uk– We are Football & IPTV’s Favourite Friend.