Premier League / FA Cup 21/3/2021. Two games in the Premier League today. At 15:00, on Sky Sports Main Event, is West Ham United v Arsenal. The later game at 19:30, also on Sky Sports Main Event, is Aston Villa v Tottenham v Hotspur. In the FA Cup, at 13:30, on BBC One, is Chelsea v Sheffield United. Also on BBC One, at 17:00, is Leicester City v Manchester United. At 12:00, on Sky Sports Main Event, there is an SPFL clash between Celtic & Rangers.
Premier League / FA Cup 21/3/2021 – West Ham v Arsenal 15:00
- West Ham are boosted by Jesse Lingard’s return after he missed the defeat to parent club Manchester United last weekend. Fresh off the back of his England return, Lingard will be full of confidence here.
- Pablo Fornals was also sorely missed against United but his availability is still uncertain as he recovers from a muscle injury. Manuel Lanzini could get a rare start if Fornals fails to recover in time as Moyes is clearly still undecided on Said Benrahma.
- Look for West Ham to return to a back four on Sunday as the three-man defence simply didn’t work against United last time out and was binned at half-time.
- Willian is unlikely to feature after missing out against Olympiacos on Thursday with a calf injury.
- Bukayo Saka was also absent on Thursday as he nurses a muscle injury but the fact he has been called up by England suggests he could make the squad here.
- Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang was benched for last weekend’s North London Derby for a breach of discipline but returned to the starting XI on Thursday.
- It’s unclear if he will start here, as Alexandre Lacazette has played a direct hand in five of his last six starts for Arsenal and was rested in midweek.
- Hector Bellerin and Cedric Soares are in competition at right-back for the home side, while Mikel Arteta seems happy to rotate between all four of his centre-backs.
Premier League / FA Cup 21/3/2021 – Aston Villa v Tottenham Hotspur 1930
- Dean Smith has confirmed that Jack Grealish has still not trained with the rest of the group so Villa’s talismanic captain is unlikely to return until after the international break.
- Bertrand Traore and Kortney Hause are both doubts, though the latter is unlikely to have started regardless.
- Trezeguet is on standby to start should Traore miss out, while Wesley is a long-term absentee as he continues to build up his fitness.
- Erik Lamela is suspended after his dismissal in the North London Derby and joins Son Heung-Min on the sidelines.
- Jose Mourinho has no further absentee issues to contend with after Giovani Lo Celso returned to action on Thursday night.
- Mourinho may move Lucas Moura to the flank and start Dele Alli in the number 10 role here.
Chelsea v Sheffield United 13:30 Team News
- Thiago Silva won’t return until after the international break but Thomas Tuchel hopes Tammy Abraham will return to the matchday squad on Sunday.
- Jorginho and Mason Mount both missed their midweek win over Atletico Madrid through suspension and will likely start here.
- Andreas Christensen is a doubt through illness for the home side. He will likely start against Sheffield United if fit enough.
- Olivier Giroud, Christian Pulisic and Kepa Arrizabalaga should get rare starts for Chelsea on Sunday.
- Paul Heckingbottom lost 5-0 to Leicester in his first match in charge of Sheffield United since Chris Wilder’s departure and will no doubt make changes to the side here.
- Phil Jagielka is unlikely to feature after the tragic passing of his brother in midweek, while Ethan Ampadu is unable to face his parent club this weekend.
- Enda Stevens or George Baldock will have to move inside to centre-back if Heckingbottom persists with a back three here.
Leicester City v Manchester United 17:00 Team News
- Leicester manager Brendan Rodgers should really name his strongest available XI to face Manchester United on Sunday.
- The Foxes have had a full week to rest and prepare for this match and then all of their players fly off for international duty. Dennis Praet is back for the home side.
- Leicester will still be without key players like James Maddison, Harvey Barnes and James Justin. Ricardo Pereira also misses out with a tight hamstring.
- With five goals in three games, including a hat-trick last time out, it’s former Manchester City striker Kelechi Iheanacho, and not Jamie Vardy, that is the man in form for Leicester.
- Paul Pogba probably won’t be fit enough to complete 90 minutes on Sunday but should start after a match-winning performance from the bench against AC Milan.
- Marcus Rashford felt a ‘twinge’ in his ankle against Milan and was forced off at half-time, though Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is hopeful he will at least make the squad on Sunday.
- United desperately need Edinson Cavani and Anthony Martial back from injury to relieve a bit of pressure on Mason Greenwood up front.
- Donny van de Beek returned to the matchday squad on Thursday but isn’t expected to start here after a spell out injured.
- Dean Henderson will keep his place in the side here despite David de Gea’s return, while Victor Lindelof is expected to start at centre-back with Eric Bailly a doubt.
Celtic v Rangers 12:00 Team News
- John Kennedy made just the one change to the Celtic side that got his interim spell off to the ideal start with a 1-0 win over Aberdeen at Parkhead before their disappointing 0-0 draw with Dundee United at Tannadice.
- Patryk Kilmala dropped onto the substitutes bench in what was the only change in attack. Southampton loanee Mohamed Elyounoussi, not a centre forward by default, came into the XI to partner Odsonne Edouard up front.
- The 23-year-old Frenchman was named SPFL Premiership Player of the Month for February after scoring seven goals in as many Premiership matches and Celtic winning six of the seven.
- Steven Gerrard made two changes to the Rangers team that secured a 1-1 draw in the Czech Republic against Slavia Prague in their round of 16 Europa League tie before the Czechs knocked them out of the competition with a 2-0 win at Ibrox.
- Filip Helander made way for Leon Balogun in defence. The Berlin-born Nigerian had a night to forget as he was sent off following two bookings, Rangers’ second dismissal of the evening, fifteen or so minutes from time.
- Ianis Hagi also dropped onto the substitutes bench as Joe Aribo came in as part of the duo supporting lone striker Alfredo Morelos. The Colombian may not have scored against Slavia but he has in each of his last four league games.
Premier League / FA Cup – Other Leagues
A big thanks to our friends at https://t.me/FootballonTVideas who kindly allow us to use fixture information. A special shout to BOOMEDIA for the excellent pictures, much appreciated.
If you would like to buy us a coffee and help support this project, you can do so buy clicking on this link. I admit, we are more likely to spend it on beer 🙂
Whatchan.co.uk– We are Football & IPTV’s Favourite Friend.