Premier League & Others 1/3/2021. Just the one game in the Premier League tonight. At 20:00, on Sky Sports Main Event is Everton v Southampton. There is also one game in La Liga, at 20:00, on LaLiga TV is Real Madrid v Real Sociedad.
Premier League & Others 1/3/2021 – Detailed Channel Information
Premier League & Others 1/3/2021 – Selected Team News
Everton v Southampton
- Dominic Calvert-Lewin and Allan should be considered for starts here after both were only fit enough to make the bench in their derby win last weekend.
- Yerry Mina is still two weeks away from a return, while Carlo Ancelotti has confirmed he still intends to rotate his goalkeepers despite Jordan Pickford’s return from injury and solid display against Liverpool.
- Seamus Coleman could drop out of the team here, with Everton unlikely to field a flat back five at home to Southampton as they did at Anfield last weekend.
- Tom Davies has been key for Everton in recent weeks and won’t be the one dropping out if Allan starts here.
- Ralph Hasenhuttl has confirmed Oriol Romeu is out for the season after fracturing his ankle in a massive blow for Southampton.
- With Ibrahima Diallo also sidelined, Hasenhuttl may have no choice but to turn to Alexandre Jankewitz, who was sent off in the opening minute of his Premier League debut earlier this year.
- Takumi Minamino will also miss out against Everton with a minor hamstring problem that limited him to the bench against Leeds last time out.
- Stuart Armstrong is at least back from injury for Southampton, who can’t catch a break with injuries at the moment.
- Danny Ings was surprisingly also dropped in the defeat in midweek and will surely earn a recall here.
Real Madrid v Real Sociedad
- Karim Benzema is still a doubt for Real Madrid with an adductor problem, but could be risked to start ahead of Isco or Mariano up front.
- Ferland Mendy, Nacho and Lucas Vazquez should all continue to be part of a makeshift back four for Zinedine Zidane, owing to injuries.
- Los Blancos will have to go with the same midfield three once again, despite their midfield exertions, with a busy fixture list and injuries asking a lot from ageing legs.
- Mikel Merino is out due to suspension for Real Sociedad, so Jon Guridi should feature in the middle of midfield.
- Andoni Gorosabel will continue at right-back in Joseba Zaldua’s absence, while Igor Zubeldia should figure at centre-back with Aritz Elustondo still recovering from an ankle problem.
- Porto should be preferred to Adnan Januzaj on the right-hand side of the attack, while Carlos Fernandez could make the bench after recovering from a muscle complaint.
A big thanks to our friends at https://t.me/FootballonTVideas who kindly allow us to use fixture information. A special shout to BOOMEDIA for the excellent pictures, much appreciated.
If you would like to buy us a coffee and help support this project, you can do so buy clicking on this link. I admit, we are more likely to spend it on beer 🙂
Whatchan.co.uk– We are Football & IPTV’s Favourite Friend.