Premier League & Others 15/2/2021. Two games in the Premier League today. At 18:00, on BT Sport 1 is West Ham United v Sheffield United. At 20:00 is Chelsea v Newcastle United on Sky Sports Main Event.
Premier League & Others 15/2/2021 – Detailed Channel Information
Premier League & Others 15/2/2021 – Selected Team News
West Ham v Sheffield United
- West Ham’s FA Cup clash with Manchester United on Tuesday night proved a costly one for the Hammers.
- Angelo Ogbonna was forced off injured and his replacement, Issa Diop, needed to come off with suspected concussion. Fabian Balbuena is also a doubt with a calf problem.
- Aaron Cresswell may be required to move inside from left-back if none of West Ham’s injured centre-backs recover in time, with Ben Johnson covering at left-back after his fine cameo against United.
- Andriy Yarmolenko also came off injured and Michail Antonio is a doubt. Their failure to sign a replacement for Sebastien Haller is leaving them thin.
- Not only that, but West Ham played another 30 minutes of extra-time against United only to lose.
- Jesse Lingard, who was wanted by Sheffield United in January, at least got a rest in midweek and he could be tasked with playing as a false nine if Antonio is ruled out again.
- Jarrod Bowen looked completely out of energy against United but there are few options to give him a rest, unless right-back Ryan Fredericks is played further forward.
- Enda Stevens should make the matchday squad against West Ham after narrowly missing out against Bristol City in midweek. Ben Osborn did return to the matchday squad after injury, but George Baldock remains a doubt here.
Chelsea v Newcastle
- Thiago Silva is working his way back from a hamstring injury but is unlikely to be available until they face Southampton.
- Thomas Tuchel rotated his squad for Thursday’s 1-0 win over Barnsley in the FA Cup but there was no space in the squad for Kai Havertz and he remains injured.
- A dead leg kept Timo Werner out in midweek but he is expected to return against Newcastle.
- Marcos Alonso and Ben Chilwell have shared the role as Chelsea’s left-back under Tuchel but as the former featured on Thursday then it seem logical Chilwell plays here.
- N’Golo Kante made his first start under Tuchel on Thursday but perhaps isn’t ready to start successive matches.
- Jeff Hendrick is suspended for Newcastle after his red card against Southampton last weekend.
- Fabian Schar sustained a knee injury against Southampton that will keep him out for several months.
- Callum Wilson came off against Southampton with a hamstring injury and will reportedly be out for up to eight weeks in a hammer blow for the away side.
- Javier Manquillo is also out for a long time after doing his ankle ligaments. After letting DeAndre Yedlin leave in January, Newcastle are short at right-back.
- Ciaran Clark missed the win over Southampton to attend the birth of his child but should return here in a timely boost given Newcastle’s defensive absentees.
- Isaac Hayden will likely be required at centre-back again, though Paul Dummett returned from injury last weekend and is an option, albeit not a natural choice.
- Sean Longstaff hasn’t featured in more than a month but could be required here if available. The same is true of his brother, Matty.
A big thanks to our friends at https://t.me/FootballonTVideas who kindly allow us to use fixture information. A special shout to BOOMEDIA for the excellent pictures, much appreciated.
If you would like to buy us a coffee and help support this project, you can do so buy clicking on this link. I admit, we are more likely to spend it on beer 🙂
Whatchan.co.uk– We are Football & IPTV’s Favourite Friend.