Premier League & Others 16/1/2021. Five games taking place in the Premier League today. At 12:30 Wolves v West Brom on BT Sport 1. 15:00 Leeds v Brighton – Sky Sports Main Event. Also at 15:00 is West Ham v Burnley – Amazon Prime. 17:30 Fulham v Chelsea on Sky Sports Main Event. The late game at 20:00 is Leicester City v Southampton – BT Sport
Premier League & Others 16/1/2021 – Detailed Channel Information
Premier League & Others 16/1/2021. Selected Team News.
Wolves v West Brom
- Adama Traore missed the 2-1 loss to Everton with a hamstring injury and joins Marcal, Raul Jimenez, Daniel Podence and Jonny on the sidelines.
- Willy Boly continues to miss out for the home side with a thigh strain.
- Nuno Espirito Santo could bring Patrick Cutrone into the side for Morgan Gibbs-White.
- Conor Gallagher is suspended for the Baggies, which should see Jake Livermore come back into the side in midfield.
- Karlan Grant also misses out through injury, so too does Conor Townsend, while Half Robson-Kanu continues to recover from a broken arm.
Leeds v Brighton
- Kalvin Phillips is suspended after receiving his fifth yellow card of the Premier League season against Spurs, which should see Mateusz Klich drop deeper in midfield.
- Diego Llorente is hoping to be fit enough to make the squad, but Robin Koch, Gaetano Berardi, Tyle Roberts and Adam Forshaw sit this one out.
- Yves Bissouma is available following a ban, and his return is a boost for Brighton.
- Steven Alzate and Alireza Jahanbakhsh will be assessed, but the likes of Danny Welbeck, Tariq Lamptey and Adam Lallana miss out.
- Percy Tau could continue in attack after a bright league debut against Manchester City.
West Ham v Burnley
- David Moyes will hope to have Lukasz Fabianski fit to start the welcome of Burnley, while centre-back Issa Diop will also be assessed.
- Ryan Fredericks is lacking fitness following a bout of Coronavirus, but Arthur Masuaku and Fabian Balbuena are both sidelined.
- Dwight McNeil returned to first team action against Manchester United on Tuesday, albeit off the bench, but he is expected to return to the starting XI.
- Jimmy Dunne, Bailey Peacock-Farrell and Charlie Taylor are all doubts, though only the latter would have started anyway.
Fulham v Chelsea
- Scott Parker will more-or-less name an unchanged starting XI for the welcome of former side Chelsea after drawing with another of his old employers, Tottenham, in midweek.
- With Kenny Tete back, Bobby Reid moved inside to central midfield and may continue in that role here, though Parker could recall Mario Lemina.
- With Ruben Loftus-Cheek ineligible to face parent club Chelsea, look for Ademola Lookman to return to the starting XI here.
- Frank Lampard is sweating on the fitness of defensive duo Reece James and Andreas Christensen.
- N’Golo Kante is suspended for one match and it wouldn’t be a surprise to see Billy Gilmour selected over Jorginho for this west London derby.
- Cesar Azpilicueta will continue at right-back if James is unable to overcome a hamstring problem in time.
- Callum Hudson-Odoi has been in good form of late and deserves to start here, which could see Christian Pulisic drop to the bench.
- Timo Werner and Kai Havertz were both on the scoresheet against Morecambe in the FA Cup to give the German duo a much-needed confidence boost.
Leicester v Southampton
- Dennis Praet is Brendan Rodgers’ only confirmed absentee here.
- James Maddison, Jamie Vardy, Cengiz Under and Ricardo Pereira will all be assessed.
- Rodgers has recently reverted to a four-man defence and could continue with a 4-2-3-1 against Southampton.
- Ralph Hasenhuttl will hope to have Che Adams back for the trip to Leicester after he missed the 1-0 win over Liverpool earlier this month.
- Oriol Romeu and Mohammed Salisu are also doubts, but Jannik Vestergaard, Nathan Redmond, Moussa Djenepo and Michael Obafemi miss out.
- Despite the return of Alex McCarthy, Fraser Forster may be rewarded with another league start after his clean sheet against the Reds.
- Danny Ings has tested positive for COVID-19 and with a number of attacking players sidelined, Shane Long may make a rare Premier League start.
Focus – Premier League & Others 16/1/2021.
A big thanks to our friends at https://t.me/FootballonTVideas who kindly allow us to use fixture information. A special shout to BOOMEDIA for the excellent pictures, much appreciated.
If you would like to buy us a coffee and help support this project, you can do so buy clicking on this link. I admit, we are more likely to spend it on beer ?
Whatchan.co.uk– We are Football & IPTV’s Favourite Friend.