Premier League & Others 2/1/2021. The first Saturday of 2021 sees four games in the Premier League. The early game at 12:30 is Tottenham v Leeds United on BT Sport 1. At 15:00 on Sky Sports Main Event is Crystal Palace v Sheffield United. At 17:30 on Sky Sports Main Event is Brighton v Wolves and the late game at 20:00 is West Brom v Arsenal on BT Sport 1.
Premier League & Others 2/1/2020 – Detailed Channel Information.
Premier League & Others 2/1/2020. Selected Team News.
Tottenham v Leeds
- Gareth Bale and Giovani Lo Celso remain sidelined, but Jose Mourinho has recovered Japhet Tanganga for the welcome of Leeds.
- Lucas Moura and Carlos Vinicius were to face late fitness tests for the welcome of Fulham, but Mourinho expects the duo to be fine for the game against Leeds.
- Tottenham’s meeting with Fulham was postponed due to a COVID-19 outbreak in the Cottagers squad, so Spurs have had additional time to rest for this clash.
- Mateusz Klich sustained a thigh knock in the 5-0 win over West Brom and will be assessed ahead of the trip to Tottenham.
- Liam Cooper is another who is a doubt, but Robin Koch, Gaetano Berardi, Diego Llorente and Adam Forshaw miss out.
- Jamie Shackleton may start in place of Klich in midfield, while Pablo Hernandez and Helder Costa are among those pushing to feature from the outset.
Crystal Palace v Sheffield United
- James Tomkins made his first start of the season in Crystal Palace’s draw with Leicester in midweek.
- Look for the likes of Patrick van Aanholt, Joel Ward and Eberechi Eze to return here after they were all unused substitutes against Leicester. James McArthur too.
- Sheffield United could only name seven subs for their 1-0 defeat to Burnley in midweek after an outbreak of COVID-19.
- Look for the likes of John Fleck and Oli Burke to return to the starting XI against Crystal Palace.
- John Lundstram is still suspended for the Blades, with key midfielder Sander Berge out injured for the foreseeable future and Oli McBurnie a doubt.
Brighton v Wolves
- Solly March, Neal Maupay and Ben White will return to the starting XI after being rested in Tuesday’s 1-0 defeat to Arsenal.
- Tariq Lamptey will miss out once again for the home side, but Aaron Connolly, Adam Lallana and Danny Welbeck could all return here.
- Leander Dendoncker and Willy Boly remain doubts for Wolves after missing the 1-0 defeat to Manchester United on Tuesday.
- Look for the likes of Daniel Podence, Marcal, Nelson Semedo and Fabio Silva to return to the starting XI against Brighton.
West Bromwich v Arsenal
- Kieran Gibbs was injured in the warm-up prior to their 5-0 defeat to Leeds on Tuesday and may miss out against his old club.
- David Luiz and Willian should be available for this weekend’s trip to West Brom after both struggling with illness over the last week. Gabriel has tested positive for COVID-19.
- Thomas Partey is back training on the grass but is not expected to feature this weekend.
- Alexandre Lacazette will hope to be rewarded with a starting berth after coming off the bench to score the winner against Brighton on Tuesday.
- Gabriel Martinelli has started three games in quick succession after a long period out injured and might be the one to make way for Lacazette.
- Dani Ceballos and Joe Willock are options in central midfield if Arteta feels fresh legs are needed there.
- Buyako Saka took a heavy challenge late on against Brighton but Arteta is confident he should be fine for the weekend.
A big thanks to our friends at https://t.me/FootballonTVideas who kindly allow us to use fixture information. A special shout to BOOMEDIA for the excellent pictures, much appreciated.
If you would like to buy us a coffee and help support this project, you can do so buy clicking on this link. I admit, we are more likely to spend it on beer 🙂
Whatchan.co.uk– We are Football & IPTV’s Favourite Friend.