Premier League & Others 20/1/2021. With the Leeds v Southampton game postponed due to Southampton’s game in the FA Cup, there are two games in the Premier League today. At 18:00 on BT Sport 1 is Manchester City v Aston Villa. At 20:15, also on BT Sport 1 is Fulham v Manchester United.
Premier League & Others 20/1/2021 – Detailed Channel Information
Premier League & Others 20/1/2021 – Selected Team News
Manchester City v Aston Villa
- Pep Guardiola could have a fully fit squad to choose from, with Aymeric Laporte returning to fitness and Sergio Aguero likely to be back available but perhaps lacking fitness after a period of self isolation.
- City strolled to a 4-0 win over Palace at the weekend but may still make some changes to keep things fresh, with the likes of Joao Cancelo, Rodri, Riyad Mahrez and Phil Foden all hoping to return.
- Should Guardiola shuffle his pack, the likes of Oleksandr Zinchenko, Fernandinho, Bernardo Silva and Gabriel Jesus are perhaps the most likely to make way.
- Aston Villa’s first team are preparing for their first game in almost three weeks having seen their training ground closed for a period of 10 days following a large number of positive coronavirus cases, including ten first team players.
- They were able to return to their Bodymoor Heath facility over the weekend but the shape in which they have done so is very unclear, with no real knowledge of who tested positive and how badly they suffered with the virus, so the squad, let alone lineup, is anyone’s guess!
- For those that weren’t unwell, the pause in the campaign should have effectively allowed them to recharge their batteries but not being able to train as a team could affect them, not to mention what is now a large backlog of fixtures to fit into a very tight schedule.
Fulham v Manchester United
- Ruben Loftus-Cheek is available after missing Fulham’s defeat to parent club Chelsea at the weekend.
- Antonee Robinson starts a three-match ban after being shown a straight red card for a reckless challenge on Cesar Azpilicueta at the weekend. Joe Bryan, who scored against United during his time at Bristol City, is the most likely replacement.
- Mario Lemina, Tom Cairney, Terence Kongolo and Aleksandar Mitrovic are all injury concerns for the home side.
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer will no doubt shuffle his pack from Sunday’s 0-0 draw with Liverpool, though he is adamant Bruno Fernandes is not suffering from fatigue.
- Nemanja Matic, Edinson Cavani, Eric Bailly, Alex Telles will all certainly come into the side.
- Donny van de Beek will hope to make a rare Premier League start, with Juan Mata and Mason Greenwood also in contention for the league leaders.
- Solskjaer has revealed Amad Diallo is impressing in training but confirmed it’s unlikely he will make his first-team debut right away.
A big thanks to our friends at https://t.me/FootballonTVideas who kindly allow us to use fixture information. A special shout to BOOMEDIA for the excellent pictures, much appreciated.
If you would like to buy us a coffee and help support this project, you can do so buy clicking on this link. I admit, we are more likely to spend it on beer 🙂
Whatchan.co.uk– We are Football & IPTV’s Favourite Friend.