Premier League & Others 28/2/2021. A Busy day in the Premier League today with five games. At 12, on BBC One, is Crystal Palace v Fulham. Also at 12, on BT Sport 1 is Leicester City v Arsenal. At 14:00, on Sky Sports Main Event, is Tottenham v Burnley. At 16:30, Chelsea v Manchester United is on Sky Sports Main Event. The late game at 19:15, is between Sheffield United v Liverpool, also on Sky Sports Main Event.
Premier League & Others 28/2/2021 – Detailed Channel Information
Premier League & Others 28/2/2021 – Selected Team News
Leicester City v Arsenal
Leicester were dumped out of the Europa League on Thursday despite fielding a relatively strong side.
- Thomas Partey returned from injury in Arsenal’s 3-2 win over Benfica on Thursday and could replace Dani Ceballos in the XI here after the latter played poorly in midweek.
- Cedric Soares and Hector Bellerin are in competition to start at right-back now Kieran Tierney is back to full fitness.
- Alexandre Lacazette finds himself on the outside looking in at the moment and may have to settle for another spot on the bench here.
Tottenham v Burnley
- Giovani Lo Celso is back in training following a thigh problem, but the welcome of Burnley comes too soon for the Argentine.
- Serge Aurier misses out once more and Jose Mourinho has to decide whether to start Matt Doherty or Japhet Tanganga at right-back.
- Dele Alli will be hoping his performance against Wolfsberger is enough to secure a starting berth, though Jose Mourinho may elect to start Erik Lamela in the number 10 role.
- Johann Gudmundsson is Sean Dyche’s only confirmed injury absentee for the trip to Tottenham.
- The Burnley boss is sweating on the fitness of Ashley Barnes, Chris Wood, Robbie Brady, Erik Pieters and Dale Stephens.
- The former are usual starters when fit, but it may be that Dyche names the same XI that started the 0-0 draw with West Brom.
Chelsea v Manchester United
- Thiago Silva is still unavailable for Chelsea, who have no other injury concerns.
- Olivier Giroud will hope to keep his place against Manchester United after scoring a spectacular winner against Atletico.
- Reece James and Ben Chilwell will push for recalls but Chelsea have ample time to recover so we could see Callum Hudson-Odoi and Marcos Alonso continue here.
- N’Golo Kante is also pushing for just his second league start under Tuchel after recently returning to full fitness.
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has confirmed Scott McTominay joins Paul Pogba on the sidelines this weekend. Donny van de Beek has trained and should be in the squad, but Solskjaer is less optimistic on Edinson Cavani.
- Concerns over a Nemanja Matic and Fred midfield partnership may lead to Solskjaer reverting to a back three against to mirror Chelsea’s formation.
- Eric Bailly will hope to start if United do line up with three centre-backs, though Luke Shaw can also move inside.
- Dan James will almost certainly miss out here after suffering a muscle injury against Real Sociedad in midweek.
- Anthony Martial has underwhelmed this season but will start up front unless Cavani is fit to start.
Sheffield United v Liverpool
- Chris Basham won’t feature against Liverpool due to a hamstring injury, with Jayden Bogle also ruled out.
- John Fleck returned from illness for their 1-0 defeat to Fulham last weekend.
- Former Everton centre-back Phil Jagielka will likely keep his place in the side due to injuries to other defenders.
- More rotation is expected up front but former Liverpool striker Rhian Brewster is unlikely to start.
- Jordan Henderson has undergone groin surgery and now faces two months out injured.
- Fabinho and James Milner should return to first-team training on Saturday but it’s unclear whether they will be available for Sunday.
- Nathaniel Phillips is on standby to replace Henderson at the back if Fabinho is not ready to return.
- Diogo Jota is back in training after missing Liverpool’s last 17 matches through injury in a massive boost for Jurgen Klopp.
- Roberto Firmino now has a very realistic chance of dropping out of the team completely with Jota back, though this match may come too soon but certainly moving forward.
- Naby Keita was back on the bench against Everton last weekend and Liverpool supporters will be desperate to see him play here.
- Alisson’s availability is perhaps in doubt following the tragic passing of his father.
A big thanks to our friends at https://t.me/FootballonTVideas who kindly allow us to use fixture information. A special shout to BOOMEDIA for the excellent pictures, much appreciated.
If you would like to buy us a coffee and help support this project, you can do so buy clicking on this link. I admit, we are more likely to spend it on beer 🙂
Whatchan.co.uk– We are Football’s Favourite Friend.