Premier League & Others 29/12/2020. Five games in the Premier League today. All games are on Amazon Prime (check detailed channel listings for alternatives). Four games take place at 18:00; Brighton v Arsenal, Burnley v Sheffield United, Southampton v West Ham and West Brom v Leeds. The later game at 20:00 is Manchester United v Wolves.
Premier League & Others 29/12/2020. Detailed Channel Information.
Premier League & Others 29/12/2020. Selected Team News
Brighton v Arsenal
- Aaron Connolly missed the 2-2 draw with West Ham with a groin problem and will be assessed, but Jose Izquierdo, Florin Andone and Tariq Lamptey sit out the welcome of Arsenal.
- Adam Lallana came off at the break at the Hammers and could be replaced by Steven Alzate in the middle of the park.
- Joel Veltman may also come into the XI on the right in place of Ben Dan Burn, with Ben White moving into defence.
- Gabriel is self-isolating and will miss Arsenal’s next two games. Fellow Brazilians Willian and David Luiz missed the London derby with Chelsea after falling unwell and are unlikely to recover in time for the trip to Brighton.
- Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang was only fit enough for a place on the bench on Boxing Day but should return to the starting XI here. Gabriel Martinelli should keep his place in the side.
- Mikel Arteta should really stick with the young players that earned a 3-1 win against Chelsea on Boxing Day, though the quick turnaround may force his hand somewhat.
Burnley v Sheffield United
- Sean Dyche will hope to have Dwight McNeil, Robbie Brady and Matej Vydra available for the welcome of Sheffield United after the trio sat out the 1-0 loss to Leeds.
- Jack Cork and Johann Gudmundsson will be assessed, but are unlikely to feature until the New Year.
- Jay Rodriguez and Dale Stephens will both hope to start after coming off the bench at Elland Road.
- Chris Wilder has no fresh injury concerns following the 1-0 defeat at the hands of Everton, but remains without Jack O’Connell, Sander Berge and Kean Bryan.
- John Lundstram, meanwhile, is suspended for the Blades.
- Oliver Burke was forced off at the break in the 1-0 loss to the Toffees with a back issue and may be assessed, with Oliver McBurnie and John Fleck potentially returning to the starting XI.
Southampton v West Ham
- Oriol Romeu returns from a ban and is set to start in midfield for the home side at the expense of Ibrahima Diallo.
- However, Ralph Hasenhuttl is without trio Danny Ings, Jannik Vestergaard and Nathen Redmond for the welcome of West Ham.
- Jack Stephens is expected to keep his place in defence alongside Jan Bednarek, while Moussa Djenepo is an option on the right.
- Manuel Lanzini impressed off the bench against Brighton and may be rewarded with a start on the south coast.
- Michail Antonio remains a doubt for the Hammers, but Arthur Masuaku misses out.
- David Moyes used Ben Johnson from left wing-back against Brighton, however, the West Ham boss may revert to a 4-2-3-1 setup here.
West Bromwich Albion v Leeds United
- Jake Livermore once again misses out due to suspension, while Conor Townsend is injured.
- Kyle Bartley and Hal Robson-Kanu are closing in on a return to fitness, but it remains to be seen whether Sam Allardyce will be able to call upon the pair here.
- Matheus Pereira came off the bench to provide the assist in the 1-1 draw at Liverpool on Sunday afternoon and may be rewarded with a start.
- Marcelo Bielsa is without quartet Robin Koch, Gaetano Berardi, Adam Forshaw and Diego Llorente for their trip to West Brom, while Liam Cooper will be assessed.
- Bielsa used a 3-3-3-1 setup in Sunday’s 1-0 win over Burnley, and may be tempted to use a similar system at West Brom.
- That would see Kalvin Phillips start at centre-back for the away side.
Manchester United v Wolves
- Victor Lindelof is a doubt after being forced off against Leicester on Boxing Day with a reoccurrence of a long-standing back problem.
- Aaron Wan-Bissaka was pictured back in training on Monday after missing Manchester United’s last two matches with an unspecified injury.
- Marcus Rashford appeared to aggravate a long-standing shoulder problem against Leicester and may only make the bench here.
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer will consider changes given the sharp turnaround between games with Paul Pogba, Alex Telles, Edinson Cavani, Nemanja Matic and Mason Greenwood all in with decent shouts of starting here.
- Nuno Espirito Santo may make just one change to the side that drew 1-1 with Tottenham.
- Rayan Ait-Nouri could come in for Marcal at left-back.
- Raul Jimenez and Jonny miss out, while Leander Dendoncker and Willy Boly will be assessed.
A big thanks to our friends at https://t.me/FootballonTVideas who kindly allow us to use fixture information. A special shout to BOOMEDIA for the excellent pictures, much appreciated.
If you would like to buy us a coffee and help support this project, you can do so buy clicking on this link. I admit, we are more likely to spend it on beer 🙂
Whatchan.co.uk– We are Football & IPTV’s Favourite Friend.