Premier League & Others 3/1/2021. Due to the early game between Burnley & Fulham being called off, just the two Premier League games today. At 14:15 on Sky Sports Main Event is Newcastle United v Leicester City. The later game at 16:30 is Chelsea v Manchester City, also on Sky Sports Main Event.
Premier League & Others 3/1/2021 – Detailed Channel News
Premier League & Others 3/1/2021 – Selected Team News.
Newcastle United v Leicester
- Jonjo Shelvey was back on the bench for Newcastle’s 0-0 draw with old club Liverpool on Wednesday night. With Isaac Hayden suspended here, he could return.
- Usual first-choice goalkeeper Martin Dubravka was also in the matchday squad but Karl Darlow has performed superbly in his absence and deserves to keep the No.1 spot.
- Steve Bruce is still expected to be without five players for Sunday’s clash with Leicester, including Jamaal Lascelles and Allan Saint-Maximin, who both have COVID-19.
- Matt Ritchie is currently keeping Jamal Lewis out of the team at left-back, while Matty Longstaff has started back-to-back games for the Magpies in midfield.
- Caglar Soyuncu was back on the bench against Crystal Palace this week, but he could return to the starting XI for the trip to Newcastle, especially with Wesley Fofana a doubt.
- James Maddison and Cengiz Under will also be assessed, but Ricardo Pereira sits out Leicester’s first game of 2021.
- Wilfred Ndidi, Youri Tielemans and Jamie Vardy are among those expected to return to the starting XI
Chelsea v Manchester City
- Frank Lampard rested both Kurt Zouma and Thiago Silva in Monday’s 1-1 draw with Aston Villa and they should return here.
- A hamstring injury will keep Reece James out once again for the home side, with Cesar Azpilicueta to continue at right-back.
- It wouldn’t be a surprise to see German duo Timo Werner and Kai Havertz on the bench once again for Chelsea following their struggles this season.
- Callum Hudson-Odoi deserves to keep his starting spot after some impressive outings of late, though Hakim Ziyech was pictured back in full training on Thursday.
- Mateo Kovacic or Jorginho will complete Chelsea’s midfield three alongside N’Golo Kante and Mason Mount.
- Olivier Giroud and Tammy Abraham continue their battle for a starting berth up front, while Lampard will keep an eye on Christian Pulisic, who has a history of hamstring problems at Chelsea, after a lot of minutes in a short space of time.
- Pep Guardiola has confirmed five Manchester City players have tested positive for COVID-19, including Kyle Walker and Gabriel Jesus.
- It is unclear who the remaining three players are but Ederson seemingly revealed he is self-isolating on Instagram. Zack Steffen therefore looks set to make his Premier League debut on Sunday.
A big thanks to our friends at https://t.me/FootballonTVideas who kindly allow us to use fixture information. A special shout to BOOMEDIA for the excellent pictures, much appreciated.
If you would like to buy us a coffee and help support this project, you can do so buy clicking on this link. I admit, we are more likely to spend it on beer ?
Whatchan.co.uk– We are Football & IPTV’s Favourite Friend.