Premier League & Others 3/3/2021. Three games in the Premier League today. At 18:00, on Sky Sports Main Event is Burnley v Leicester. Also at 18:00, on BT Sport 1, is Sheffield United v Aston Villa. At 20:15, on Sky Sports Main Event, is Crystal Palace v Manchester United. There are also games in the Championship, SPFL, Copa Del Rey, Serie A & Ligue 1.
Premier League & Others 3/3/2021 – Detailed Channel Information
Premier League & Others 3/3/2021 – Selected Team News
Burnley v Leicester City
- Chris Wood and Dale Stephens both featured from the bench for Burnley in their 4-0 defeat at Tottenham and the former is expected to return to the starting XI.
- Johann Gudmundsson and Ashley Barnes sit out the welcome of Leicester, but Sean Dyche will give Erik Pieters and Robbie Brady every possible chance to make the squad.
- Wood coming in for Matej Vydra could be the only change Dyche makes from the side that lost in north London.
- Harvey Barnes and Jonny Evans were both forced off in the second half of Leicester’s 3-1 defeat to Arsenal on Sunday, with the former certainly ruled out here while the latter is a doubt.
- Barnes joins Dennis Praet, Wes Morgan, Ayoze Perez and James Justin on the sidelines.
- Brendan Rodgers will hope to recover James Maddison and Wesley Fofana for the trip to Burnley.
- The Foxes boss may switch to a 4-2-3-1 system with Fofana, Nampalys Mendy and Cengiz Under coming in.
Sheffield United v Aston Villa
- Sheffield United remain without their entire first choice back three for the visit of Villa, while Jack Robinson and Jayden Bogle add to Chris Wilder’s defensive casualty list.
- With very few alternatives in midfield, with the exception of the versatile Ben Osborn, the only changes could come in attack, with Oliver Burke, Billy Sharp, Lys Mousset and Rhian Brewster all hoping for a return to the side.
- Dean Smith has confirmed Jack Grealish won’t be ready to return in midweek, with Matty Cash also still sidelined.
- The selection dilemmas are now in midfield, where Douglas Luiz and Ross Barkley were rested at the weekend but will hope to return, while Morgan Sanson made a decent cameo from the bench at Elland Road.
Crystal Palace v Manchester United
- Wilfried Zaha is making great progress on his return from injury but he might not make this one.
- Roy Hodgson has confirmed both Connor Wickham and Jeffrey Schlupp are available after injury, but Tyrick Mitchell and Nathaniel Clyne are ruled out.
- Palace could make one change to the side that drew 0-0 drew with Fulham, with Jean-Philippe Mateta in line to make his second league start for the Eagles. Jordan Ayew or Christian Benteke would be the ones to drop out as a result.
- Scott McTominay returned to action in the 0-0 draw with Chelsea, a game he was expected to miss, while Daniel James recovered from a knock to feature.
- Edinson Cavani should travel down to London with the squad, but Paul Pogba, Juan Mata and Phil Jones miss out.
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer may bring Anthony Martial in for James from the side that started the Stamford Bridge stalemate, unless Cavani is fit to start.
A big thanks to our friends at https://t.me/FootballonTVideas who kindly allow us to use fixture information. A special shout to BOOMEDIA for the excellent pictures, much appreciated.
If you would like to buy us a coffee and help support this project, you can do so buy clicking on this link. I admit, we are more likely to spend it on beer 🙂
Whatchan.co.uk– We are Football & IPTV’s Favourite Friend.