Premier League & Others 30/1/2021. A packed day of Premier League action with five games today. At 12:30 on BT Sport 1 is Everton v Newcastle United. At 15:00 on Sky Sports is Crystal Palace v Wolves. On 15:00 on Sky Sports Main Event is Manchester City v Sheffield United. Also at 15:00, on BBC One is West Bromwich v Fulham. At 17:30 on Sky Sports Main Event is Arsenal v Manchester United. The late game at 20:00, also on Sky Sports Main Event is Southampton v Aston Villa.
Premier League & Others 30/1/2021 – Detailed Channel Information
Premier League & Others 30/1/2021 – Selected Team News
Everton v Newcastle
- Abdoulaye Doucoure will return to the side after sitting out against Leicester in midweek through suspension.
- Playing late on Wednesday night and then having to prepare for Saturday’s lunchtime kick-off may force Carlo Ancelotti to tinker here.
- It wouldn’t be a complete surprise if Jordan Pickford was dropped for Robin Olsen after his costly mistake in midweek.
- Newcastle actually had 22 shots to Leeds’ nine in midweek but still lost. At least a sign of improvement going forward, Steve Bruce may name an unchanged side here.
- Allan Saint-Maximin will push to start after coming off the bench on Tuesday, while Isaac Hayden may once again be required at right-back.
Manchester City v Sheffield United
- Ilkay Gundogan and Joao Cancelo have emerged as Manchester City’s best players in recent weeks.
- Kyle Walker is back available and could return here, potentially pushing Joao Cancelo out to left-back.
- Gabriel Jesus and Ferran Torres will push for starts up front if Pep Guardiola shuffles his pack at the weekend.
- Sergio Aguero, Nathan Ake and Kevin De Bruyne remain unavailable for the home side.
- John Egan will return to the side after missing out to Manchester United in midweek through suspension.
- Phil Jagielka was immense in Egan’s absence but could make way here given the sharp turnaround.
- Sheffield United couldn’t even field a full bench against United with players like Enda Stevens late withdrawals.
- Goal scorer Kean Bryan was forced off against United in midweek and is presumably now doubtful too.
- Billy Sharp was a nuisance against United and could keep his place up front, though Lys Mousset and Rhian Brewster are also options.
Arsenal v Manchester United
- Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang has missed Arsenal’s last two games through personal reasons.
- Nicolas Pepe will hope to be rewarded with another start if Aubameyang does not return here. Gabriel Martinelli is another option.
- Kieran Tierney was not risked in midweek after suffering from muscle discomfort in training.
- Cedric could get the nod over Hector Bellerin at right-back if Tierney is passed fit, otherwise both will play.
- Emile Smith Rowe and Thomas Partey both limped off against Southampton on Tuesday with muscle problems.
- New signing Martin Odegaard may even be thrown straight into the starting XI if Smith Rowe is ruled out this weekend.
- Dani Ceballos should come back into contention this weekend but Mo Elneny is another option if Partey fails to recover in time.
- Brazilian duo Gabriel and David Luiz are in competition to play at centre-back along with Rob Holding.
- Ainsley Maitland-Miles is currently in a transfer tug-of-war between a few Premier League clubs and may not feature at all here.
- Eric Bailly and Victor Lindelof are both available for Saturday leaving Ole Gunnar Solskjaer with a tough decision to make.
- Anthony Martial remarkably completed 90 minutes in defeat against Sheffield United despite a sub-par display but should make way for Edinson Cavani here.
- Scott McTominay and Fred will both return to the starting XI to face Arsenal, with Paul Pogba either playing with them in midfield or on the left wing.
- Alex Telles set up United’s only goal in defeat to Sheffield United but will make way for Luke Shaw here.
A big thanks to our friends at https://t.me/FootballonTVideas who kindly allow us to use fixture information. A special shout to BOOMEDIA for the excellent pictures, much appreciated.
If you would like to buy us a coffee and help support this project, you can do so buy clicking on this link. I admit, we are more likely to spend it on beer 🙂
Whatchan.co.uk– We are Football & IPTV’s Favourite Friend.