Premier League & Others 4/4/2021. Four games in the Premier League today. At 12:00, on Sky Sports Main Event, is Southampton v Burnley. At 14:05, on Sky Sports Main Event, is Newcastle United v Tottenham Hotspur. Also on Sky Sports Main Event, at 16:30, is Aston Villa v Fulham. The late game at 19:30, on BT Sport 1, is Manchester United v Brighton.
Premier League & Others 4/4/2021 – Southampton v Burnley
- Danny Ings returned to training during the international break and Southampton hope to have him available here. Theo Walcott is also back in training but the others remain out.
- Southampton are hopeful James Ward-Prowse will be available after he returned early from England duty with a calf problem.
- Robbie Brady is out for a few weeks after coming off injured for Ireland in midweek, while this game comes too soon for Ashley Barnes. Kevin Long is also unlikely to recover in time from injury to feature.
- Sean Dyche has confirmed both Jack Cork and Charlie Taylor are available but admitted neither are really fit enough to complete a full 90 minutes. They should be in the squad at the very least.
- Matej Vydra and Jay Rodriguez are in competition to partner Chris Wood up front with Barnes still not 100%
Premier League & Others 4/4/2021 – Newcastle United v Tottenham Hotspur
- Allan Saint-Maximin will be able to play some of Newcastle’s game with Tottenham after training all week but Steve Bruce has conceded Callum Wilson is unlikely to be fit enough to return.
- Martin Dubravka is over illness that ruled him out of Slovakia’s last two games of the international break and should be fine to start here. Karl Darlow is on standby if required.
- The likes of Emil Krafth, Jamal Lewis and Dwight Gayle are all pushing for a starting spot on Sunday. Isaac Hayden is out for the season through injury.
- Jose Mourinho has confirmed Son Heung-Min is over a hamstring injury and available for selection this weekend but Ben Davies and Matt Doherty are both out.
- Erik Lamela returns for Tottenham after serving his one-game ban against Aston Villa, but the Argentine is unlikely to start at Newcastle.
- Depending on the fitness of Reguilon, Jose Mourinho may be tempted to name the same XI that started the win at Aston Villa, which would see Joe Rodon, Japhet Tanganga and Carlos Vinicius feature.
- Tanganga will need to be assessed after his involvement with England’s U21s in midweek.
Premier League & Others 4/4/2021 – Aston Villa v Fulham
- Jack Grealish has returned to full training and will surely make his long awaited return to the starting XI here.
- After 15 months out, Wesley pulled on a Villa shirt for the first time since suffering a knee injury in January of last year in a behind closed doors friendly but will play for the U23s this weekend as he steps up his recovery.
- Dean Smith has confirmed Kortney Hause is back in full training after a long spell out injured.
- After a disappointing run ahead of the international break, it will be interesting to see who is in favour in midfield for this first match back.
- Bobby De Cordova-Reid should be back fit for the Cottagers, who have no fresh injury concerns to contend with.
- After a five-goal haul during the international break, Scott Parker will surely be considering a recall for Aleksandar Mitrovic, hoping the Serbian can carry that form and confidence into his club football.
- After back-to-back defeats, Parker could revert to the 442 system that earned his side all three points at Anfield last month, with Anguissa perhaps dropping to the bench.
Premier League & Others 4/4/2021 – Manchester United v Brighton
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has a massive decision on his hands regarding who starts in goal. Should he put David de Gea back in goal then Dean Henderson will almost certainly leave in the summer.
- Marcus Rashford and Mason Greenwood trained on Friday and should make the squad to face Brighton but Anthony Martial looks set to miss out. Edinson Cavani could make his first start in a month here as a result of niggling injuries to other forwards.
- Paul Pogba got some valuable minutes for the French national team at the weekend. He could line up on the left wing here if Rashford is not fit to start or take Scott McTominay’s place in midfield, as the Scottish international featured heavily during the break for country.
- Victor Lindelof, who has been managing back problems all season, didn’t train along with Martial on Friday. Eric Bailly is on standby after proving his fitness for the Ivory Coast during the international break.
- Adam Webster is hoping to return in Brighton’s next two matches, while it looks like Aaron Connolly will also miss out here after suffering injury on international duty with Ireland.
- Danny Welbeck has scored or assisted in back-to-back appearances for Brighton and will hope to start against his boyhood club at Old Trafford.
- Leandro Trossard is in great form for club and country and is a nailed on starter here.
Premier League & Others 4/4/2021 – Other Games
A big thanks to our friends at https://t.me/FootballonTVideas who kindly allow us to use fixture information. A special shout to BOOMEDIA for the excellent pictures, much appreciated.
If you would like to buy us a coffee and help support this project, you can do so buy clicking on this link. I admit, we are more likely to spend it on beer 🙂
Whatchan.co.uk– We are Football & IPTV’s Favourite Friend.