Premier League & Others 6/3/2021. Four games in the Premier League today. At 12:30, on BT Sport 1, is Burnley v Arsenal. At 15:00, on Sky Sports Main Event is Sheffield United v Southampton. At 17:30, on Sky Sports Main Event is Aston Villa v Wolves. The late game at 20:00 is between Brighton v Leicester on Sky Sports Main Event.
Premier League & Others 6/3/2021 – Detailed Channel Information
Premier League & Others 6/3/2021 – Selected Team News
Burnley v Arsenal
- Burnley will need to assess Johann Gudmundsson, Matej Vydra and Robbie Brady ahead of Saturday’s welcome of Burnley. Erik Pieters was back on the bench in midweek but Ashley Barnes is expected to miss out once more.
- Jay Rodriguez is the only likely change from the side that drew 1-1 with Leicester on Wednesday despite such a sharp turnaround between matches.
- Arsenal were not involved in midweek so the away side should be fresh for Saturday’s early kick-off with Burnley.
- Mikel Arteta made some surprising calls against Leicester last weekend, notably leaving Bukayo Saka and Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang on the bench, but it worked out in the end as they won 3-1.
- Arteta has made it clear the Europa League is a big competition for them so it wouldn’t be too surprising if some key players were held back here with an eye on next week’s encounter with Olympiacos.
- Aside from a few niggling injuries, the Gunners should have a full squad to pick from against Burnley.
Sheffield United v Southampton
- Suspended for a straight red card against Aston Villa on Wednesday, Sheffield United are now really short of centre-backs with John Egan, Jack O’Connell and Chris Basham already injured.
- Chris Wilder may have to revert to a back four if none of those recover from injury in time for Saturday’s game with Southampton.
- Ibrahima Diallo, Kyle Walker-Peters and Takumi Minamino have all returned to training and have a chance of making Saturday’s game.
- Ralph Hasenhuttl has hinted at Moussa Djenepo being dropped to the bench here given the hectic fixture schedule and his torrid injury history.
Aston Villa v Wolves
- Aston Villa will be desperate to have captain Jack Grealish back from injury after a poor defeat to Sheffield United in midweek. He remains a massive doubt here.
- Ross Barkley and Douglas Luiz are likely changes to Villa’s midfield given the sharp turnaround between matches.
- January signing Willian Jose is still waiting for his first goal for the club and was dropped against Manchester City on Tuesday. He may get a recall here, however.
Brighton v Leicester
- Brighton have had a full week to dwell on yet another remarkable defeat, as they continue to toil in front of goal.
- Tariq Lamptey has suffered a minor setback in his recovery and won’t be available this weekend, while Aaron Connolly is struggling with back spasms.
- Graham Potter likes to rotate so expect a couple of changes from the side that started against West Brom last time out.
- Jonny Evans sat out their 1-1 draw with Burnley on Wednesday with a calf injury picked up at the weekend.
- Wesley Fofana was back on the bench in midweek in a welcome boost for Leicester but James Maddison missed out for the second game running.
- Ayoze Perez should return to first-team action in the next week or two, which is timely as Harvey Barnes is out for six weeks.
- Kelechi Iheanacho will hope to retain his place in the side after netting the equaliser against Burnley.
A big thanks to our friends at https://t.me/FootballonTVideas who kindly allow us to use fixture information. A special shout to BOOMEDIA for the excellent pictures, much appreciated.
If you would like to buy us a coffee and help support this project, you can do so buy clicking on this link. I admit, we are more likely to spend it on beer 🙂
Whatchan.co.uk– We are Football & IPTV’s Favourite Friend.