Premier League & Others 7/2/2021. Plenty of football action to keep you entertained today. Four games in the Premier League today. The early game at 12:00 is between Tottenham v West Bromwich Albion and is on BT Sport 1. At 14:00, on Sky Sports Main Event is Wolves v Leicester. Also on Sky Sports Main Event at 14:30 is Liverpool v Manchester City. The late game at 19:15, also on Sky Sports Main Event is between Sheffield United & Chelsea.
Premier League & Others 7/2/2021 – Detailed Channel Information
Premier League & Others 7/2/2021 – Selected Team News
Tottenham v West Bromwich Albion
- Tottenham have no fresh injury concerns for the welcome of West Brom, with Sergio Reguilon, Harry Kane, Dele Alli and Giovani Lo Celso still out.
- Gareth Bale was an unused sub against Chelsea, but Jose Mourinho may bring the winger into the starting XI, while Harry Winks is also an option for the Spurs boss should he wish to continue with a 4-2-3-1.
- Grady Diangana remains West Brom’s only injury issue and the winger will be assessed ahead of the trip to Tottenham.
- Deadline day loan signings Ainsley Maitland-Niles and Okay Yokuslu are free to start on Sunday after both were ineligible for the trip to Sheffield United in midweek.
- Maitland-Niles may feature in the middle of the park alongside Jake Livermore, while Conor Gallagher, Kieran Gibbs and Darnell Furlong could return to the side.
More Team News / Match Report
Wolves v Leicester
- Wolves remarkably came from 1-0 down to beat Arsenal 2-1 in midweek and Nuno will hope that result will kickstart their season into gear.
- With no recognised left-back to call on, Nuno reverted to a back four. While they won, in truth Arsenal ripped them to pieces before being reduced to 10 men. Nuno may have no choice but to use it again here, however.
- Joao Moutinho was probably playing his way out of the side prior to their game with Arsenal before he stepped up and scored a screamer to win it.
- Caglar Soyuncu will step into the side with Wesley Fofana out for a month.
- Brendan Rodgers is confident of welcoming back both Wilfred Ndidi and Jamie Vardy this weekend.
- Timothy Castagne is expected to miss out once again, with Ricardo Pereira set to start once again.
Liverpool v Manchester City
- Fabinho, Alisson and Sadio Mane all trained on Friday so you would expect them to be involved here. Ozan Kabak is free to debut if selected after getting international clearance. Ben Davies is also available after his deadline day move from Preston.
- Jurgen Klopp will be desperate to get Jordan Henderson back in midfield as quickly as possible. Whether that sees one of Kabak or Davies debut against league leaders Manchester City remains to be seen.
- Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, Curtis Jones, Xherdan Shaqiri or James Milner will play in midfield if Henderson is again required at centre-back.
- Pep Guardiola has ruled out any chance of Sergio Aguero returning here, as he continues to recover from COVID-19. Kevin De Bruyne and Nathan Ake are also still sidelined.
- Manchester City have experimented with a back three in recent weeks to get both Aymeric Laporte and John Stones in the side with Ruben Dias. We could see that formation in play at Anfield.
- Joao Cancelo will certainly start here but it’s unclear whether he will be on the left or right.
- It wouldn’t be a surprise to see City play without a recognised striker. In that instance don’t read too much into who plays where as they will all interchange and swap positions throughout the game.
Sheffield United v Chelsea
- Ethan Ampadu cannot face parent club Chelsea and is a big loss for the home side, particularly with other defenders out injured.
- Kean Bryan or Phil Jagielka will deputise for Ampadu. Both, more so the latter, recently did well in a win over Manchester United.
- Billy Sharp has scored four goals in his last eight appearances in all competitions, including the winner last time out against West Brom.
- George Baldock was forced off just before half-time in their 2-1 win over West Brom in midweek and is a major doubt here.
- Chris Wilder will be tempted to call on Olivier McBurnie or Oli Burke to try and cause Chelsea’s defence some problems here.
- Ben Osborn should return here, while Enda Stevens is rated as ‘touch and go’.
- Kai Havertz and Kurt Zouma both limped out of training on Wednesday and missed the win over Tottenham the following day.
- Thiago Silva will almost certainly miss out here after appearing to do his hamstring against Tottenham, paving the way for Andreas Christensen to start.
- Timo Werner could find himself out of the side after another frustrating night in front of goal, although he was clever to win the match-winning penalty.
- Callum Hudson-Odoi has been an ever-present in Thomas Tuchel’s first three matches but the new Chelsea manager may want a better look at someone like Christian Pulisic or Hakim Ziyech here.
- N’Golo Kante is also back and will surely start under Tuchel sooner rather than later, while Marcos Alonso appears to have leapfrogged Ben Chilwell in the pecking order for now.
A big thanks to our friends at https://t.me/FootballonTVideas who kindly allow us to use fixture information. A special shout to BOOMEDIA for the excellent pictures, much appreciated.
If you would like to buy us a coffee and help support this project, you can do so buy clicking on this link. I admit, we are more likely to spend it on beer 🙂
Whatchan.co.uk– We are Football & IPTV’s Favourite Friend.