World Cup Qualifiers 12/10/21. Plenty of World Cup qualifiers today. For the Home Nations, at 7:45, England, Scotland & Northern Ireland play.
World Cup Qualifiers 12/10/21 – England v Hungary
- Gareth Southgate will make wholesale changes from the side that beat Andorra 5-0 last weekend.
- Kyle Walker, Luke Shaw, Declan Rice, Jordan Henderson, Raheem Sterling, Mason Mount, Jack Grealish and Harry Kane will all come into the side.
- Jordan Pickford will resume duties in goal despite Sam Johnstone’s solid showing last time out, while Tyrone Mings should replace Conor Coady.
- Phil Foden was excellent against Andorra but will most likely drop to the bench here in order to give minutes to others.
- Hungary have lost defenders Mark Tamas and Attila Fiola, though only the latter would have started here.
- The away side have also lost defender Endre Botka to suspension due to an accumulation of yellow cards. Adam Lang should start as a result.
- Look for Daniel Salloi to drop out of the team that faced Albania after he was subbed off before the hour mark following a poor display.
- Laszlo Kleinheisler will hope for a recall in central midfield after dropping to the bench last time ou
World Cup Qualifiers 12/10/21 – Faroe Islands v Scotland
- Faroe Islands must dust themselves down from defeat to Austria and go again here.
- Teitur Matras Gestsson got the nod in goal and will hope to keep his place ahead of 34-year-old Gunnar Nielsen.
- Che Adams is ruled out against the Faroe Islands after coming off injured at the weekend.
- Scotland have Grant Hanley back from suspension and he is expected to start here.
- Hanley’s availability should push Scott McTominay back into midfield in place of Callum McGregor.
- Ryan Fraser could replace Adams up front or Steve Clarke may go with Lyndon Dykes on his own with Ryan Christie playing off him.
World Cup Qualifiers 12/10/21 – Bulgaria v Northern Ireland
Northern Ireland manager Ian Baraclough believes Bulgaria will be desperate to bounce back in the World Cup qualifier after a shock defeat by Lithuania.
NI eased to a 4-1 win over Lithuania earlier in the campaign but the Group C basement side overcame Bulgaria 3-1 on Saturday.
Third place is the realistic target for both Bulgaria and NI.
“They’re coming into this game like a wounded animal so will be eager to a get a win,” said Baraclough.
The teams are locked on five points and it’s a crucial game in terms of securing third place and a better seeding for future tournaments.
World Cup Qualifiers 12/10/21
World Cup Qualifiers 12/10/21 Detailed
OTHER FOOTBALL – TUESDAY 12 OCTOBER
1:15am ARGENTINE PRIMERA DIVISION – Talleres v Atletico Tucuman
USA – Paramount+
11:00pm BRAZILIAN SERIE A – RB Bragantino v Atl Goianiense
USA – Paramount+
A big thanks to our friends at https://t.me/FootballonTVideas who kindly allow us to use fixture information. A special shout to BOOMEDIA for the excellent pictures, much appreciated. Credit to whoscored.com and BBC football who we link to.
If you would like to buy us a coffee and help support this project, you can do so by clicking on this link. I admit, we are more likely to spend it on beer 🙂
Whatchan.co.uk– We are Football’s Favourite Friend.
If you would like to see your advertisement here, drop us an email, we would love to hear from you.
We are proud to say we have over 10,000 unique visitors over a three-month period, get your message out to a new audience – at very reasonable rates.