World Cup Qualifiers 8/9/2021. There are plenty of games today. Northern Ireland, England and Wales are all in action in qualifiers.
World Cup Qualifiers 8/9/2021 – Northern Ireland v Switzerland
Northern Ireland go into Wednesday night’s Group C meeting having won consecutive games for the first time during Baraclough’s tenure, with the impressive 4-1 victory away to Lithuania last week his first during 90 competitive minutes.
Three points in Vilnius was followed up by a 1-0 friendly win away to Estonia and the manager was bullish about the prospects of his under-strength side making it a hat-trick of victories in this window against a Switzerland team that is also missing key players.
The Swiss are second in Group C, four points behind Italy having played two games less, and three points ahead of fourth-placed Northern Ireland, who could overtake them with a victory.
World Cup Qualifiers 8/9/2021 – Poland v England
- Robert Lewandowski was injured when Poland faced England in the reverse qualifier back in March but is back available for this one. The Bayern Munich striker has scored six goals in four qualifiers during this campaign and remains Poland’s danger man.
- Paulo Sousa has mixed between a back four and five during this international break so it’s unclear what system he will opt for against England on Wednesday.
- Piotr Zielinski are unlikely to feature against England, while Adam Buksa is set to be rewarded with his hat-trick against San Marino with a start here.
- Gareth Southgate made 11 changes on Sunday as England thumped Andorra 4-0 but is expected to revert back to his XI from their first qualifier of the break against Hungary, though a back three is an option.
- Tyrone Mings is suspended for an accumulation of bookings but wouldn’t have started here anyway. Kyle Walker is more likely to drop in if Southgate opts for a 3-4-3 formation with Reece James or Kieran Trippier starting at right wing-back.
- Jesse Lingard will have to settle for a place on the bench despite garnering a perfect WhoScored 10 rating against Andorra.
World Cup Qualifiers 8/9/2021 – Wales v Estonia
Wales were without 13 players against Belarus, but they will be boosted by the return of four of those against Estonia.
Ethan Ampadu, Tyler Roberts and Brandon Cooper are available having missed the trip to Kazan in Russia due to visa issues, while Harry Wilson is back after serving a one-match suspension.
Wales have also added Joe Rodon to the squad after the Tottenham Hotspur centre-back recovered from an unspecified injury.
Wales had hoped Aaron Ramsey may also join the squad, but the Juventus midfielder has not recovered from a thigh problem.
World Cup Qualifiers 8/9/2021 – Other Games
A big thanks to our friends at https://t.me/FootballonTVideas who kindly allow us to use fixture information. A special shout to BOOMEDIA for the excellent pictures, much appreciated. Credit to whoscored.com and BBC football who we link to.
If you would like to buy us a coffee and help support this project, you can do so by clicking on this link. I admit, we are more likely to spend it on beer 🙂
Whatchan.co.uk– We are Football’s Favourite Friend.
If you would like to see your advertisement here, drop us an email, we would love to hear from you.
We are proud to say we have over 10,000 unique visitors over a three-month period, get your message out to a new audience – at very reasonable rates.