11/04/2022 Football. There are Champions League games tonight. Real Madrid v Chelsea and Bayern Munich v Villarreal, both games are on BT Sport.
11/04/2022 Football – Champions League – Real Madrid v Chelsea
- Ferland Mendy missed Saturday’s win over Getafe due to injury and will be assessed for Tuesday’s second leg meeting with Real Madrid.
- Luka Jovic and Eden Hazard are confirmed absentees for Los Blancos.
- Nacho may deputise at left-back provided Mendy fails to recover from injury, while Federico Valverde could against start on the right after a solid display at Stamford Bridge.
- Cesar Azpilicueta missed Saturday’s trip to Southampton after testing positive for COVID-19, but has since tested negative several times, so is fine to travel.
- Ben Chilwell and Callum Hudson-Odoi are also sidelined for the Blues, while Romelu Lukaku sat out the 6-0 win at Southampton on Saturday and doesn’t make the trip to Spain.
- Thomas Tuchel could use the same setup Chelsea started with at St. Mary’s, which would see Mason Mount operate behind Timo Werner and Kai Havertz.
11/04/2022 Football – Champions League – Bayern Munich v Villarreal
- Alphonso Davies returned to first team duties in the first leg following a spell on the sidelines and he should keep his place at left-back here.
- Corentin Tolisso and Eric Choupo-Moting remain sidelined, while Bouna Sarr is a doubt, though the trio were unlikely to have started anyway.
- Leon Goretzka started the 1-0 defeat in Spain on the bench, yet should come in for Jamal Musiala on the middle of the park.
- Alberto Moreno remains Villarreal’s only confirmed absentee, while Boulaye Dia played no part against Athletic Club at the weekend and will be assessed.
- Unai Emery could make one change from the first leg, with Alfonso Pedraza coming in for Francis Coquelin on the left to provide additional protection for Pervis Estupinan.
- Pau Torres missed the 1-1 draw with Athletic Club due to a ban, so will be well rested for the second leg.
If you want to know when Whatchan is updated, join our Telegram channel to know the moment we update the page. https://t.me/whatchan – we’d love to see you there.
A big thanks to our friends at https://t.me/FootballonTVideas who kindly allow us to use fixture information. A special shout to BOOMEDIA for the excellent pictures, much appreciated. Not only do they produce the artwork and listing for football, they have plenty of other sports including motorsports, US sports and many others, all for a low-cost yearly fee. Please support their hardwork.Credit to whoscored.com and BBC football who we link to.
If you would like to buy us a coffee and help support this project, you can do so by clicking on this link. I admit, we are more likely to spend it on beer ?
Whatchan.co.uk– We are Football’s Favourite Friend.
If you would like to see your advertisement here, drop us an email, we would love to hear from you.
We are proud to say we have over 10,000 unique visitors over a three-month period, get your message out to a new audience – at very reasonable rates.