Football 7/8/2021.There are plenty of games today. The Charity Shield between Leicester and Manchester City is at 17:15. There are also games in the EFL and an Olympic final.
Football 7/8/2021 – Leicester City v Manchester City
- Wesley Fofana was stretchered off on Wednesday night and looks set for a serious spell on the sidelines. With Jonny Evans also unavailable and Wes Morgan no longer at the club, Wilfred Ndidi may have to drop into the back four on Saturday.
- With Ndidi more than likely required in defence, summer signing Boubakary Soumare could get a start in midfield. Fellow summer signing Ryan Bertrand should also start but Patson Daka may only make the bench.
- Harvey Barnes hasn’t played competitively since February but has featured heavily in pre-season and could start here. James Maddison could be a surprise absentee from the starting XI as rumours of a move to Arsenal intensify.
- First-choice Kasper Schmeichel and back-up Danny Ward returned for their 3-2 win over Villarreal on Wednesday to beef up Brendan Rodgers’ options in goal.
- Timothy Castagne remains sidelined after picking up a nasty face injury at the start of the summer, with James Justin also unavailable for the Foxes.
- Manchester City are working on deals for both Jack Grealish and Harry Kane but only the former has a chance of being completed in time for Saturday’s game.
- Kyle Walker, John Stones, Raheem Sterling, Kevin De Bruyne, Rodri, Ferran Torres, Oleksandr Zinchenko have not featured at all in pre-season following Euro 2020 and it is unclear whether they will be involved here.
- Meanwhile, Phil Foden is out with a foot injury picked up prior to the Euro 2020 final.
- Gabriel Jesus is yet to feature in pre-season following his exploits at Copa America. With no Sergio Aguero to call on either, Guardiola may have to be creative up front or turn to one of the kids.
- Samuel Edozie has scored a couple of goals in pre-season and could get a starting berth on the left wing for City.
Football 7/8/2021 – Olympic Final
Football 7/8/2021 – EFL Games (Championship / League One)
Football 7/8/2021 – Cinch Premiership
Football 7/8/2021 – Dundee United v Rangers
- Tam Courts made three changes from Dundee United’s 1-0 victory over East Fife, as the Terrors made it four wins from four matches in their Premier Sports Cup, before a 2-0 defeat to Aberdeen at Pittodrie in their Premiership opener.
- Club captain Mark Reynolds was recalled as one of the centre half trio, alongside Charlie Mulgrew and Ryan Edwards. Jamie Robson also slotted in at left wing-back with Liam Smith continuing at right wing-back.
- Jeando Fuchs settled for a spot among the substitutes as Peter Pawlett came back into midfield, which allowed Nicky Clark to be partnered by Lawrence Shankland in attack.
- Steven Gerrard named seven changes from Rangers’ 3-0 victory over Livingston in their Premiership opener, for their Champions League third round qualifying first leg defeat to Malmo in Sweden in which the Gers lost 2-1.
- Jon McLaughlin was given the nod in goal for the win against the Lions, with Allan McGregor between the sticks in midweek. Leon Balogun and Calvin Bassey kept a clean sheet against Livi before Filip Helander and Borna Barisic were recalled against the Swedes.
- Glen Kamara, Joe Aribo, Ianis Hagi and Fashion Sakala all dropped out. John Lundstram and Scott Arfield entered the midfield with Scott Wright one of the duo supporting Cedric Itten in attack.
Football 7/8/2021 – Friendlies
*** The friendly game between Aston Villa and Sevilla has been cancelled. Broadcasters have replaced it with Crystal Palace v Watford ***
A big thanks to our friends at https://t.me/FootballonTVideas who kindly allow us to use fixture information. A special shout to BOOMEDIA for the excellent pictures, much appreciated. Credit to whoscored.com and BBC football who we link to.
If you would like to buy us a coffee and help support this project, you can do so by clicking on this link. I admit, we are more likely to spend it on beer 🙂
Whatchan.co.uk– We are Football’s Favourite Friend.
If you would like to see your advertisement here, drop us an email, we would love to hear from you.
We are proud to say we have over 10,000 uniquie visitors over a three-month period, get your message out to a new audience – at very reasonable rates.