AFCON 14/1/2022. There are four games taking place in the African Cup of Nations. There is also one game in the Premier League tonight.
AFCON 14/1/2022 – Premier League – Brighton v Crystal Palace
- Enock Mwepu came off with a hamstring injury in the FA Cup at the weekend but Graham Potter is hopeful he should be fine relatively quickly.
- Yves Bissouma is away at AFCON, while there is an outside chance of Lewis Dunk returning from injury on Friday night.
- Alexis Mac Allister scored a brace in Brighton’s last Premier League outing and will hope to continue in the side here.
- Michael Olise has scored and assisted in back-to-back matches and looks well placed to capitalise on the absence of both Jordan Ayew and Wilfried Zaha to AFCON.
- Conor Gallagher returned from illness to help Crystal Palace defeat Millwall in the FA Cup third round at the weekend and will start here on Friday night.
- Jeffrey Schlupp was not called up by Ghana for AFCON and should start in midfield on Friday night.
- Jack Butland’s error in the FA Cup will more than likely see Vicente Guaita return in goal if he is fit enough.
- Patrick Vieira hopes James Tomkins is out for weeks rather than months but it’s too early to tell.
OTHER FOOTBALL – FRIDAY 14 JANUARY
2:00pm INDIAN SUPER LEAGUE – Goa v NorthEast United
UK – OneFootball
India – Star Sports 3
5:30pm BUNDESLIGA 2 – Dynamo Dresden v Hamburg
Eurasia – Setanta Sports+
7:30pm ITALIAN SERIE B – Ternana v Ascoli
UK – Mola TV
Indonesia – Mola TV
A big thanks to our friends at https://t.me/FootballonTVideas who kindly allow us to use fixture information. A special shout to BOOMEDIA for the excellent pictures, much appreciated. Credit to whoscored.com and BBC football who we link to.
If you would like to buy us a coffee and help support this project, you can do so by clicking on this link. I admit, we are more likely to spend it on beer 🙂
Whatchan.co.uk– We are Football’s Favourite Friend.
If you would like to see your advertisement here, drop us an email, we would love to hear from you.
We are proud to say we have over 10,000 unique visitors over a three-month period, get your message out to a new audience – at very reasonable rates.