Premier League & Others 27/2/2021. Four games in the Premier League today. At 12:30, on BT Sport 1, is Manchester City v West Ham United. At 15:00, on Sky Sports Main Event is West Bromwich Albion v Brighton. At 17:30, on Sky Sports Main Event is Leeds United v Aston Villa. The late game at 20:00 is between Newcastle United v Wolves on Sky Sports Main Event.
Premier League & Others 27/2/2021 – Detailed Channel Information
Premier League & Others 27/2/2021 – Selected Team News
Manchester City v West Ham United
- Kevin De Bruyne wasn’t even required off the bench in Manchester City’s 2-0 win away to Gladbach on Wednesday but will surely start here.
- John Stones is also expected to return to the starting XI here after Aymeric Laporte started in the Champions League.
- Oleksandr Zinchenko will hope for a recall with one of Kyle Walker or Joao Cancelo rested.
- Sergio Aguero hasn’t started a Premier League match since the reverse fixture against West Ham in October and may have to wait for it here.
- Riyad Mahrez will push for a recall, with Phil Foden, Raheem Sterling, Gabriel Jesus and Bernardo Silva most likely battling for two other spots in the front three.
- David Moyes has a strong squad to pick from for Saturday’s lunch-time kick-off against West Ham with the exception of centre-back Angelo Ogbonna.
- Ben Johnson will be recalled if Moyes reverts back to a three-man defence, with Aaron Cresswell slotting in alongside Issa Diop at the back.
- Manchester United loanee Jesse Lingard will start either centrally or on the wing as he did against Tottenham last weekend.
- Having Michail Antonio back available is obviously a massive boost for the Hammers.
West Bromwich v Brighton
- Semi Ajayi is suspended for West Brom after his red card in last week’s predictable 0-0 draw with Burnley.
- Dara O’Shea is set to start in Ajayi’s absence, while Robert Snodgrass will reclaim his place in the side if he recovers from a bruised knee.
- Lee Peltier may be considered at right-back if he recovers from injury in time.
- Grady Diangana hasn’t played since the start of January but was back on the bench last weekend.
- Alireza Jahanbakhsh returned from injury in Brighton’s astonishing 2-1 defeat to Crystal Palace on Monday.
- Tariq Lamptey will return to the matchday squad on the bench this weekend.
- Brighton look set to stick with a four-man defence until Adam Webster is back from an ankle injury after the international break.
- Graham Potter desperately needs to find a way to improve Brighton’s finishing, so expect some rotation up front.
Leeds v Aston Villa
- Kalvin Phillips and Rodrigo are both set to miss out once again for Leeds, while Marcelo Bielsa has conceded Mateusz Klich looks unlikely to feature against Aston Villa after coming off injured on Tuesday.
- Jack Harrison was replaced by Helder Costa at half-time for tactical reasons and his place in the XI may be in doubt here after Costa assisted one of Leeds’ goals.
- Injuries may force Bielsa to revert to a more traditional formation against Aston Villa.
- The news Villa fans were dreading that Jack Grealish will miss out once more was confirmed by Dean Smith on Friday.
- His absence could see Ross Barkley keep his place in the starting XI despite being wildly out of form since his return from injury in January.
- However, Aston Villa supporters must be wondering why they signed Morgan Sanson last month. Surely it’s time to give the ex-Marseille midfielder a run in the side.
- Ahmed El Mohamady looks set to keep his place in the team at right-back with Matty Cash still a few weeks away from full fitness.
- With Grealish out, Anwar El-Ghazi, Bertrand Traore and Trezeguet will battle for two places in the side.
Newcastle United v Wolves
- Martin Dubravka has been tipped to replace Karl Darlow in goal after an unconvincing showing against Manchester United last time out.
- Joelinton eventually succumbed to a back injury against United but Steve Bruce says he is fine to play here, though this match may come too soon for Federico Fernandez.
- Despite a 3-1 defeat to United last time out, Newcastle actually played well and Bruce may stick with the same side where possible.
- Marcal was substituted on against Leeds before being forced off with an injury. He is a doubt here.
- Nuno is expected to name an unchanged starting XI at St. James’ Park from the side that beat Leeds 1-0 last time out.
A big thanks to our friends at https://t.me/FootballonTVideas who kindly allow us to use fixture information. A special shout to BOOMEDIA for the excellent pictures, much appreciated.
If you would like to buy us a coffee and help support this project, you can do so buy clicking on this link. I admit, we are more likely to spend it on beer 🙂
Whatchan.co.uk– We are Football & IPTV’s Favourite Friend.