08/02/2022 Football – There are plenty of games played today. There are three games in the Premier League and five in the Championship.
08/02/2022 Football – Premier League – Newcastle United v Everton
- Isaac Hayden, Ciaran Clark and Jamal Lewis have all been left out of Newcastle’s 25-man squad for the rest of the season to accommodate their new signings.
- Marquee signing Bruno Guimaraes returned late from international duty with Brazil but should have enough time to train with his new team-mates to make a full debut here.
- Federico Fernandez is nearing a return but Matt Ritchie is still out with a knee injury. Joelinton is available and Paul Dummett should make the matchday squad.
- Newcastle signed defensive duo Dan Burn and Matt Targett late into the January transfer window and both should make debuts here. The former has a toe injury.
- January arrival Chris Wood will continue to lead the line with Callum Wilson now not expected back until the last few games of the season.
- Deadline day arrivals Dele Alli and Donny van de Beek were cup-tied for Everton’s 4-1 win over Brentford on Saturday but are available for debuts here.
- Frank Lampard used a 3-4-3 formation in his first game in charge of Everton but that doesn’t really suit Alli or Van de Beek.
- It will be interesting to see how Lampard uses both of his new signings as in an ideal world they would like to play in the same position and role.
- Ben Godfrey is out for up to five weeks with a hamstring injury suffered 14 minutes into their FA Cup win over Brentford.
- Dominic Calvert-Lewin missed the win with a knee injury but is in the squad for this game and will lead the line if fit.
08/02/2022 Football – Premier League – West Ham United v Watford
- Michail Antonio wasn’t risked in the FA Cup on Saturday after his late return from international duty with Jamaica but he will return to lead the line here.
- David Moyes has revealed Arthur Masuaku needs to see a specialist over a knee injury and Manuel Lanzini is nursing an Achilles injury. Both are ruled out here.
- Kurt Zouma had to play the remainder of their FA Cup tie with Kidderminster injured after Moyes had already used all of West Ham’s substitutes and he is a big doubt here.
- West Ham’s fringe players really failed to stake a claim for regular playing time with players like Issa Diop and Andriy Yarmolenko really failing to impress.
- Diop may actually get a reprieve here as Angelo Ogbonna is out for the season and there is a chance Zouma misses out as well.
- Alphonse Areola is on standby to continue in goal as Lukasz Fabianski didn’t even make the matchday squad on Saturday having also missed out the one before the break too.
- Emmanuel Dennis returns from suspension for Roy Hodgson in his second game in charge of Watford.
- Ismaila Sarr will be back from international duty with Senegal but this game will likely come too soon for him to be involved.
- Imran Louza, Adam Masina and William Troost-Ekong were all back on the bench on Saturday after their AFCON involvement.
08/02/2022 Football – Premier League – Burnley v Manchester United
- Josh Brownhill returns from suspension for Burnley and is expected to slot straight into central midfield against Manchester United.
- Burnley winger Johann Gudmundsson is out of action for a few weeks after having surgery for appendicitis.
- Striker Matej Vydra is also unavailable for several weeks after undergoing surgery for a hernia. Charlie Taylor looks set to miss out once again as well.
- Maxwel Cornet and Wout Weghorst didn’t really show any link-up against Watford so the former may move out wide with Jay Rodriguez starting up front.
- Paul Pogba returned from injury after a 15-game absence in Friday’s FA Cup exit to Middlesbrough.
- The Frenchman may be required to start this one as well as Fred has tested positive for COVID, along with fellow Brazilian Alex Telles.
- Eric Bailly will most likely miss out again through injury but Ralf Rangnick will hope to welcome Victor Lindelof back from illness on Tuesday.
- Bruno Fernandes should be fine despite taking a heavy knock to his back against Boro, while Rangnick confirmed Jadon Sancho was just tired rather than injured on Friday evening.
- Jesse Lingard wasn’t in the right head space to feature against Middlesbrough but should make the matchday squad here along with Edinson Cavani who was late back from South America.
- David de Gea will return after being given the night off in the FA Cup, while Anthony Elanga will push for a recall at Turf Moor.
Burnley — Pope; Roberts, Tarkowski, Mee(C), Pieters; Cornet, Westwood, Brownhill, McNeil; Rodriguez, Weghorst.
Man Utd — de Gea; Diogo Dalot, Varane, Maguire(C), Shaw; Pogba, McTominay; Rashford, Bruno Fernandes, Sancho; Cavani.
EFL / iFollow – available on multiple services (7:45pm kickoff unless stated)
EFL01: Coventry v Blackpool
EFL02: Fulham v Millwall
EFL03: Luton v Barnsley
EFL04: Stoke v Swansea
EFL05: Accrington v Oxford
EFL06: AFC Wimbledon v Rotherham
EFL07: Cheltenham v Sunderland
EFL08: Crewe v Plymouth
EFL09: Doncaster v Ipswich
EFL10: Fleetwood v MK Dons
EFL11: Gillingham v Cambridge
EFL12: Lincoln v Morecambe
EFL13: Portsmouth v Burton
EFL14: Sheffield Wednesday v Wigan
EFL15: Wycombe v Shrewsbury
EFL16: Bolton v Charlton (8pm)
EFL17: Carlisle v Port Vale
EFL18: Exeter v Leyton Orient
EFL19: Forest Green v Rochdale
EFL20: Harrogate v Crawley
EFL21: Hartlepool v Barrow
EFL22: Mansfield v Colchester
EFL23: Northampton v Newport
EFL24: Oldham v Bristol Rovers
EFL25: Scunthorpe v Walsall
EFL26: Stevenage v Bradford
EFL27: Sutton v Salford
EFL28: Tranmere v Swindon
Alternatively, select the team name from the EFL sections
08/02/2022 Football – Other Games
OTHER FOOTBALL – TUESDAY 8 FEBRUARY
2:00pm INDIAN SUPER LEAGUE – Hyderabad v ATK Mohun Bagan
UK – OneFootball
India – Star Sports 1
7:45pm NORTHERN IRISH PREMIERSHIP – Linfield v Larne
UK – BBC iPlayer
If you want to know when Whatchan is updated, join our Telegram channel to know the moment we update the page. https://t.me/whatchan – we’d love to see you there.
A big thanks to our friends at https://t.me/FootballonTVideas who kindly allow us to use fixture information. A special shout to BOOMEDIA for the excellent pictures, much appreciated. Credit to whoscored.com and BBC football who we link to.
If you would like to buy us a coffee and help support this project, you can do so by clicking on this link. I admit, we are more likely to spend it on beer ?
Whatchan.co.uk– We are Football’s Favourite Friend.
If you would like to see your advertisement here, drop us an email, we would love to hear from you.
We are proud to say we have over 10,000 unique visitors over a three-month period, get your message out to a new audience – at very reasonable rates.
Fixtures / Live Scores / Results