Euro 2020 19/6/2021. Three games in Euro 2020 today. At 14:00, on ITV is Hungary v France At 17:00, on ITV, is Portugal v Germany. The late game at 20:00, on BBC One, is Spain v Poland.
Euro 2020 19/6/2021 – Hungary v France
- Roland Sallai was fit to start in Hungary’s 3-0 defeat to Portugal on Tuesday.
- Loic Nego is an option in central midfield to face France on Saturday.
- Karim Benzema was fit to start France’s 1-0 win over Germany and had a goal disallowed. Kurt Zouma was fit to make the bench.
- Didier Deschamps may well go with his best XI on Saturday knowing victory would all but secure their place in the next round.
- After starting each of France’s warm-up games instead of Adrien Rabiot, Corentin Tolisso found himself benched for the Juventus midfielder against Germany. That remains the only real question mark of France’s best XI.
- Benjamin Pavard was knocked out in the victory and must be considered a doubt despite playing on.
Euro 2020 19/6/2021 – Portugal v Germany
- Pepe could keep his place in the side on Saturday and then earn a rest if they avoid defeat to Germany.
- Portugal left it late to defeat Hungary on Wednesday but are unlikely to make wholesale changes here.
- Bernardo Silva came off with 20 minutes to go but his work rate and pressing is exactly what Fernando Santos will value against Germany.
- William Carvalho is perhaps most likely to drop out of the side with the likes of Ruben Neves, Joao Moutinho and Renato Sanches pushing to start.
- Matthias Ginter is a major doubt for Germany after coming off injured against France on Wednesday night. Emre Can should deputise.
- Lukas Klostermann is out for a couple of weeks after suffering a thigh injury in training but will stay with the squad.
- Antonio Rudiger’s has been cleared to play despite appearing to bite Paul Pogba in their defeat to France.
- Germany should welcome back Leon Goretzka from injury for Saturday’s clash with defending champions Portugal.
- Jogi Loew’s side lacked cutting edge in attack in their opener and we could see a bit of rotation for their second group game.
- Serge Gnabry worked away from the main group on Thursday and is rated as a doubt, while Jonas Hofmann is ruled out.
Euro 2020 19/6/2021 – Spain v Poland
- Diego Llorente was among the subs in Spain’s 0-0 draw with Sweden and is available, though Luis Enrique should keep faith with the centre-back partnership of Aymeric Laporte and Pau Torres.
- Sergio Busquets returned to training on Friday after testing negative from COVID-19 but may only make the bench at the best here.
- Enrique could bring Thiago and Gerard Moreno in for Pedri and Alvaro Morata from the XI that started against Sweden.
- Grzegorz Krychowiak received his marching orders in the second half of Poland’s 2-1 loss to Slovakia, with Karol Linetty set to drop into a deeper role.
- Jakub Moder is an option for Paulo Sousa should he elect to start Piotr Zielinski up front once more.
A big thanks to our friends at https://t.me/FootballonTVideas who kindly allow us to use fixture information. A special shout to BOOMEDIA for the excellent pictures, much appreciated. Credit to whoscored.com and BBC football who we link to.
If you would like to buy us a coffee and help support this project, you can do so buy clicking on this link. I admit, we are more likely to spend it on beer 🙂
Whatchan.co.uk– We are Football’s Favourite Friend.
If you would like to see your advertisement here, drop us an email, we would love to hear from you. With hundreds of unique visitors each week, get your message out to a new audience – at very reasonable rates.