Euro 2020 16/6/2021. Three games in Euro 2020 today. At 14:00, on BBC One, is Finland v Russia. At 17:00, on BBC One, is Turkey v Wales. The late game at 20:00, on ITV, is Italy v Switzerland.
Euro 2020 16/6/2021 – Finland v Russia
- Teemu Pukki was fit to start against Denmark on Saturday after entering the tournament with fitness concerns.
- After the distressing scenes against Denmark, Finland will have to check on the well-being of their players to see who is available to face Russia.
- Joel Pohjanpalo ended up scoring the winner against Denmark and will keep his place up front as a result.
- Andrey Mostovoy has tested positive for COVID-19 and been replaced in the squad by Roman Yevgenyev.
- After opening up with a 3-0 defeat to Belgium in Group B, Russia head coach Stanislav Cherchesov will surely ponder changes for Wednesday.
- Denis Cheryshev was subbed on to replace an injured Daler Kuzyaev against Belgium only to come off in the second half himself.
- Yuri Zhirkov, 37, started against Belgium at the weekend but will now miss the remainder of the tournament through injury.
- Russia may even revert back to a three-man defence after surprisingly lining up in a 4-2-3-1 shape against Belgium.
Euro 2020 16/6/2021 – Turkey v Wales
- Turkey were bitterly disappointing against Italy and it would be a real shock if they didn’t change things around to face Wales on Wednesday.
- Cengiz Under, Irfan Can Kahveci and Kaan Ayhan are pushing for starts. Hakan Calhanoglu may start centrally here after being deployed on the wing against Italy.
- Harry Wilson may have to settle for a place on the bench once again here after Kieffer Moore scored Wales’ equaliser against Switzerland.
- Danny Ward god the nod in goal in Wales’ opener and vindicated his selection with a fine performance.
- Ethan Ampadu is an option in midfield for one of Joe Allen or Joe Morrell on Wednesday.
- Other than that few changes are expected from Wales unless they change to a back three.
Euro 2020 16/6/2021 – Italy v Switzerland
- Alessandro Florenzi continued to work away from the group on Monday and is unlikely to recover in time to face Switzerland. Napoli’s Giovani Di Lorenzo is expected to deputise at right-back.
- Manuel Locatelli didn’t take his chance in midfield in Italy’s group opener and could be replaced in central midfield. Marco Verratti trained without problem at the start of the week and will at least make the bench here.
- Juventus duo Federico Chiesa and Federico Bernardeschi are both pushing to replace Domenico Berardi in attack but he was also fine to train on Monday and Roberto Mancini may keep the same front three from their 3-0 victory over Turkey.
- Breel Embolo got the nod up front against Wales and it was the correct decision as he scored and picked up the WhoScored Man of the Match award.
- Switzerland manager Vladimir Petkovic will ponder bringing Gladbach’s Denis Zakaria into the starting XI in midweek.
- Haris Seferovic is unlikely to drop out of the side against Italy but needs to sharpen up after spurning some good chances against Wales.
OTHER FOOTBALL – WEDNESDAY 16 JUNE
11:00pm BRAZILIAN SERIE A – Internacional v Atletico Mineiro
USA – Paramount+
11:00pm BRAZILIAN SERIE A – Sao Paulo v Chapecoense
USA – Paramount+
A big thanks to our friends at https://t.me/FootballonTVideas who kindly allow us to use fixture information. A special shout to BOOMEDIA for the excellent pictures, much appreciated.
If you would like to buy us a coffee and help support this project, you can do so buy clicking on this link. I admit, we are more likely to spend it on beer ?
Whatchan.co.uk– We are Football’s Favourite Friend.
If you would like to see your advertisement here, drop us an email, we would love to hear from you. With hundreds of unique visitors each week, get your message out to a new audience – at very reasonable rates.