Euro 2020 17/6/2021. Three games in Euro 2020 today. At 14:00, on ITV, is Ukraine v North Macedonia. At 17:00, on ITV, is Denmark v Belgium. The late game at 20:00, on BBC One, is Netherlands v Austria.
Euro 2020 17/6/2021 – Ukraine v North Macedonia
- Oleksandr Zubkov unlikely to feature here after coming off 13 minutes into Ukraine’s 3-2 defeat to the Netherlands on Sunday.
- We could see Oleksandr Zinchenko pushed into the front three as a result of Zubkov’s expected absence.
- North Macedonia opened up with a 3-1 defeat to Austria and will naturally ponder changes but worryingly that was arguably their strongest XI.
Euro 2020 17/6/2021 – Denmark v Belgium
- Christian Eriksen is unavailable for Denmark after suffering a cardiac arrest against Finland on Saturday. Thoughts and prayers go out for a full recovery.
- The Danish federation will have to check on the well-being of their players after the distressing scenes at the weekend.
- Football is understandably the least important thing to them right now.
- Jan Vertonghen took a knock to his ankle against Russia and will need assessing. Thomas Vermaelen may rotate in just to avoid any risks.
- Timothy Castagne is out of Euro 2020 after suffering a double fracture in eye socket against Russia.
- Thomas Meunier came off the bench to replace Castagne and ended up scoring so it’s safe to say he will start here.
- Kevin De Bruyne should return to the matchday squad but may not be risked from the start.
- Eden Hazard is still working towards peak match fitness but could start here after minutes off the bench against Russia.
- Dedryck Boyata will hope to keep his place in the team after a surprise start on Saturday.
- Axel Witsel has been a quicker recovery than expected and is now expected to feature off the bench against Denmark.
Euro 2020 17/6/2021 – Netherlands v Austria
- Wout Weghorst vindicated his selection against Ukraine with a goal and he will continue to lead the line with Memphis Depay.
- Frank de Boer, who is reportedly pondering a back four, has confirmed Matthijs de Ligt will start on Thursday despite missing their opener through injury.
- Nathan Ake and Joel Veltman are options if De Boer freshens things up in defence.
- Owen Wijndal will hope to replace Patrick van Aanholt at left wing-back after coming off the bench on Sunday.
- David Alaba was a surprise starter at centre-back for Austria on Sunday night. It was expected he would either line up on the wing or in central midfield.
- Konrad Laimer proved his fitness to start against North Macedonia and registered an assist in their 3-1 win.
- Julian Baumgartlinger was also raited a doubt ahead of Sunday’s game but managed minutes of the bench in the second half.
- Marko Arnautovic has been handed a one-game ban by UEFA for insulting Ezgjan Alioski in Austria’s 3-1 win over North Macedonia.
OTHER FOOTBALL – THURSDAY 17 JUNE
12:30am BRAZILIAN SERIE A – Corinthians v RB Bragantino
USA – Paramount+
1:30am BRAZILIAN SERIE A – Juventude v Palmeiras
USA – Paramount+
1:30am COPA DO BRASIL – Flamengo v Coritiba
USA – Fox Sports 2
A big thanks to our friends at https://t.me/FootballonTVideas who kindly allow us to use fixture information. A special shout to BOOMEDIA for the excellent pictures, much appreciated. Credit to whoscored.com and BBC football who we link to.
If you would like to buy us a coffee and help support this project, you can do so buy clicking on this link. I admit, we are more likely to spend it on beer 🙂
Whatchan.co.uk– We are Football’s Favourite Friend.
If you would like to see your advertisement here, drop us an email, we would love to hear from you. With hundreds of unique visitors each week, get your message out to a new audience – at very reasonable rates.