Champions & Premier League 23/2/2021. In the Premier League, at 18:00, is Leeds United v Southampton on Sky Sports Main Event. Two games in the Champions League tonight. Atletico Madrid v Chelsea is on BT Sport 2 at 20:00. Also at 20:00, on BT Sport 3, is Lazio v Bayern Munich.
Premier & Champions League 23/2/2021 – Detailed Channel Information
Premier & Champions League 23/2/2021 – Selected Team News
18:00 Leeds United v Southampton
- Diego Llorente was back on the bench at the weekend and will push to start against Southampton on Tuesday.
- Mateusz Klich was fine to start and will continue in the XI in midweek.
- Rodrigo and Kalvin Phillips remain sidelined for Leeds when they welcome Southampton.
- Ezgjan Alioski will push to return at left-back, potentially moving Stuart Dallas back into midfield.
- Tyler Roberts made only his third league start of the season last time out but failed to make a real impact.
- Jan Bednarek moved out to right-back rather than Jack Stephens to cover for the absence of Kyle Walker-Peters in their 1-1 draw with Chelsea at the weekend.
- Mohammed Salisu could keep his place in the side after a solid full Premier League debut at the weekend, while Nathan Redmond will hope to keep his place in attack over Che Adams.
- Stuart Armstrong is rated as ’50-50′ to make Tuesday’s game at Elland Road after missing out at the weeken
Atletico Madrid v Chelsea
- Thomas Lemar and Moussa Dembele returned to first team duties in the 2-0 defeat to Levante after a spell out due to COVID-19, though Hector Herrera is likely to miss the first leg after testing positive for Coronavirus earlier this month.
- Saul Niguez and Stefan Savic missed the loss through suspension, so their availability is a boost, particularly in the absence of Jose Gimenez after he sustained a recurrence of a muscle problem at the weekend.
- Kieran Trippier is suspended, which is a blow for the home side, who should continue with a three-man backline.
- Yannick Carrasco and Sime Vrsaljko are also both missing for Diego Simeone’s side on Tuesday.
- Chelsea have confirmed Thiago Silva will not be in their squad for the first leg but Kai Havertz and Christian Pulisic will.
- Thomas Tuchel is expected to make a couple of changes from the side that started the stalemate against Southampton.
- Jorginho, Andreas Christensen and Callum Hudson-Odoi all started from the bench on the south coast and should return, though the latter came on at the break for Tammy Abraham before he was taken off with 15 minutes to play.
Lazio v Bayern Munich
- Andreas Pereira missed the 1-0 win over Sampdoria with a fever and will be assessed for the welcome of Bayern Munich.
- Luiz Felipe, Thomas Strakosha and Stefan Radu sit out this Champions League clash.
- Mateo Musacchio has been included in Lazio’s Champions League squad and should feature alongside Patric and Francesco Acerbi at the back.
- Benjamin Pavard and Thomas Muller recently tested positive for COVID-19 and miss out on this first leg Champions League tie.
- Niklas Sule is expected to feature at right-back once more, fitness depending, with Bouna Sarr an option for Hansi Flick.
- Eric Maxim Choupo-Moting featured in the number 10 role in Bayern’s last two league games, but Flick may instead push Leon Goretzka forward and bring David Alaba into midfield, which would see Lucas Hernandez start in defence.
- Corentin Tolisso, Douglas Costa, Serge Gnabry and Alexander Nubel are sidelined.
A big thanks to our friends at https://t.me/FootballonTVideas who kindly allow us to use fixture information. A special shout to BOOMEDIA for the excellent pictures, much appreciated.
If you would like to buy us a coffee and help support this project, you can do so buy clicking on this link. I admit, we are more likely to spend it on beer 🙂
Whatchan.co.uk– We are Football & IPTV’s Favourite Friend.