World Cup Qualifiers 24/3/2021. Plenty of World Cup Qualifiers taking place with games including Wales and the Republic of Ireland.
World Cup Qualifiers 24/3/2021 – 7:45 Belgium v Wales – Team News
- Romelu Lukaku has been given the all-clear to link up with the Belgium national squad despite an outbreak of COVID-19 at his club, Inter.
- Real Madrid’s Eden Hazard misses out on the squad once again after breaking down with yet another injury.
- Roberto Martinez will have to find a new central midfield partner for Youri Tielemans with Axel Witsel ruled out for the rest of the season and Euro 2020.
- Dennis Praet returned to first-team action for Leicester at the weekend after nearly three months out so it’s perhaps too soon for him to be considered for a start on Wednesday.
- Belgium have plenty of options at wing-back but Nacer Chadli remains a key player for Martinez despite his pretty underwhelming league form and it wouldn’t be a surprise if he started here.
- Wales will once again have to make do without Juventus midfielder Aaron Ramsey because of injury.
- Ben Davies and Tom Lockyer have both puled out of the Wales squad through injury, with the former’s described as serious.
- Ethan Ampadu has been used almost exclusively by Wales as a central midfielder but he may be required at the back here, where he has played all season for Sheffield United.
- Wayne Hennessey made his comeback from injury for Crystal Palace’s U23s last month and Wales will hope to have their No.1 goalkeeper fit to face Belgium on Wednesday.
- Harry Wilson is an option through the middle for Wales, though Kiefer Moore will hope to get the nod owing to his league form with Cardiff this season.
World Cup Qualifiers 24/3/2021 19:45 Serbia v Republic of Ireland – Team News
- The likes of Nemanja Matic and Luka Milivojevic have retired from international football having failed to qualify for Euro 2020, while Aleksandar Kolarov and Adem Ljajic are not involved in the latest squad.
- Matic and Milivojevic’s places have been taken by potential debutants Ivan Ilic of Verona and Uros Racic of Valencia.
- With so little playing time under his belt at Fulham, Aleksandar Mitrovic’s usually assured spot up front will come under pressure should Dragan Stojkovic opt for a less attacking lineup.
- The likes of Caoimhin Kelleher, Kevin Long, Conor Hourihane and Callum O’Dowda have all withdrawn from Stephen Kenny’s squad through injury.
- With Darren Randolph also not involved, there could be a debut for teenage goalkeeper Gavin Bazunu of League One’s bottom club Rochdale, with Mark Travers and Keiran O’Hara second currently second choice at Bournemouth and Burton respectively.
- Ciaran Clark may take Long’s place alongside Shane Duffy at the back, while the likes of Jason Knight, Jayson Molumby and Josh Cullen compete to replace Hourihane in midfield.
World Cup Qualifiers 24/3/2021 – Other Games
World Cup Qualifiers 24/3/2021 – Friendly Games
A big thanks to our friends at https://t.me/FootballonTVideas who kindly allow us to use fixture information. A special shout to BOOMEDIA for the excellent pictures, much appreciated.
If you would like to buy us a coffee and help support this project, you can do so buy clicking on this link. I admit, we are more likely to spend it on beer 🙂
Whatchan.co.uk– We are Football & IPTV’s Favourite Friend.