World Cup Qualifiers 25/3/2021. Three games today involving the Home Nations. At 19:45, on ITV, is England v San Marino. On Sky Sports football, at 19:45, is Italy v Northern Ireland. Also at 19:45, on Sky Sports Main Event, is Scotland v Austria.
World Cup Qualifiers 25/3/2021 7:45 England v San Marino Team News
- It will be interesting to see what side Gareth Southgate fields on Thursday, as San Marino at home is certainly their easiest fixture on paper during 2020 World Cup qualification.
- With Albania and Poland to follow, Southgate may use Thursday’s game to get a look at some of England’s fringe players.
- Jude Bellingham has linked up with the England squad despite fears Borussia Dortmund would block his travel.
- John Stones, Luke Shaw and Jesse Lingard are all back in the England squad after long absences and should all feature in some capacity here.
- Nick Pope will be England’s No.1 for the international break over Dean Henderson with Jordan Pickford out injured.
- Marcus Rashford is unlikely to be risked against San Marino after reporting for England duty with an ankle injury, while Bukayo Saka has been ruled out of their first match.
- San Marino captain Davide Simoncini was sent off in their final game of 2020 and will miss out at Wembley on Thursday.
World Cup Qualifiers 25/3/2021 19:45 Italy v Northern Ireland Team News
- Inter have put their entire squad into isolation following an outbreak of COVID-19 so Nicolo Barella, Stefano Sensi and Alessandro Bastoni are unlikely to be available here despite being named in Roberto Mancini’s squad.
- Bryan Cristante has withdrawn from the Italy squad through injury and his Roma team-mate, Lorenzo Pellegrini, is being checked after suffering a knock at the weekend.
- Atalanta captain Rafael Toloi has been called up by Italy after switching his international allegiance from Brazil. Mancini has named a huge 38-man squad for their three upcoming games this month.
- Federico Bernardeschi, Federico Chiesa and Domenico Berardi are all vying for one spot on the right wing for Italy here. Cheisa should perhaps edge it based on recent displays for Juventus.
- Conor Washington has pulled out of the Northern Ireland squad with hamstring and back problems. Linfield striker Shayne Lavery has been called up to replace Washington.
World Cup Qualifiers 25/3/2021 19:45 Scotland v Austria Team News
- Scotland are boosted by Che Adams pledging his international allegiance to them over England. Now they finally have a goalscorer up front ahead of Euro 2020.
- Adams should certainly start on merit but it wouldn’t be a surprise if Steve Clarke eased him in rather than dropping those who played up front before.
- Rangers midfielder Ryan Jack has pulled out of the Scotland squad through injury.
- Manchester United midfielder Scott McTominay plays in a back three for Scotland and is expected to continue in that role here.
- Bayern Munich reversed their decision and have allowed David Alaba to link up with the Austria national team. He tends to play on the left wing for country.
- Martin Hinteregger missed Frankfurt’s last few matches through injury and remains a doubt ahead of Thursday’s match with Scotland.
- Stefan Ilsanker will either play in central midfield or centre-back here.
- Austria will be missing the experience of Julian Baumgartlinger in midfield for this batch of international matches.
- Sasa Kalajdzic has scored in seven of his last eight matches for Stuttgart and is surely pushing for a start here.
World Cup Qualifiers 25/3/2021 – Other Fixtures
A big thanks to our friends at https://t.me/FootballonTVideas who kindly allow us to use fixture information. A special shout to BOOMEDIA for the excellent pictures, much appreciated.
If you would like to buy us a coffee and help support this project, you can do so buy clicking on this link. I admit, we are more likely to spend it on beer 🙂
Whatchan.co.uk– We are Football & IPTV’s Favourite Friend.